Need a pic of an aux idler kit...

silvblt

Nasty 5.4
Established Member
Hey guys, just recently acquired a Polished Moto Blue Idler bracket and pulley from Lightning Larry and am needing a pic of someone that may already have one installed for reference. Larry never got around to installing it either, so there are no instructions. I also have a 10# lower and two 90 mm idlers now and was wondering if a belt change is mandatory or do I just need to wait and see after the install? Thanks for any info and pics you guys can give. Mick

stangit00

Established Member
Not a close up pic, but its something:shrug: Very easy to install.
blah2.jpg

silvblt

Nasty 5.4
Established Member
Not a close up pic, but its something:shrug: Very easy to install.
blah2.jpg

THANKS! A near perfect pic for me to go by. Did you remove the two idlers? Now I just need to se if a belt is needed. Did you replace yours? Thanks again for the pic. Looking forward to slapping it on tomorrow if time allows. Mick....

mcarbine

2003 L #2504
Established Member
I believe the one pictured there is a Metco idler setup the Motoblue bolts into the block and not into the supercharger. PM me your email and I will send you some pics. I did not get instructions with mine but it is really pretty simple. Also I used the same size belt as with the stock setup it just takes a little extra effort to get it on. Matt

Robert Francis

Established Member
I don't know about the "Moto Blue" setup - but that one in the photo by "stangit00" sure looks like the old Metco setup as previously noted. I installed one back in 2003 on my 01L.

OldTimer

An Old Drag Racer
Established Member
THANKS! A near perfect pic for me to go by. Did you remove the two idlers? Now I just need to se if a belt is needed. Did you replace yours? Thanks again for the pic. Looking forward to slapping it on tomorrow if time allows. Mick....

IIRC, as long as you're using 90mm idlers, you can probably get by with the current belt (correct me if I'm wrong). If you have 100mm idlers, you'll probably need a longer belt, so you'll have to chase down the combo of upper/lower/idler sizes and belt reference chart.

grindpulley.JPG

You may have to do the "Tensioner Mod" and knock the stop tab off the tensioner to give you a little "wiggle room." Maybe somebody has a link to the Tensioner Mod so you can see. Basically get a big screwdriver and mallet and whack off the tab.

Last edited:

silvblt

Nasty 5.4
Established Member
Thanks everyone. It is on and looks killer! Just like the first guy's pic. Simply sweet. Now I just need to change out the upper to a smaller pulley and I'll be set. Thanks again. Mick

Users who are viewing this thread