Need a part # for an 8 rib 112" belt

96S/Cobra

Established Member
I already did a search looking for the answer to my question, but was unable to find any info.

I have a 96 Cobra and I just put a T trim with a 2.85" 8 rib pulley on it. Vortech tech line told me I need a 112" long 8 rib belt, but they don't sell them. I know there has to be others out there who have an 8 rib set up, so I need to know a part # for a belt. I went to two local part stores, and neither one of them could get me one. They could either get a 110" or a 113" belt, but Vortech told me to get a 112" belt. I don't want any belt slip, so I would think the 113" would be too long, and of course the 110" belt would probably be way too short.

A part # and any preference in brand/quality is what I'm looking for.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

96S/Cobra

Established Member
I bought a 112.4 8 rib belt from napa for my 98 cobra t trim with a 3.10 pulley. Would probably work for a 2.85

Do you have a part # by chance? I went to my local Napa store, they looked all through their inventory, their computer, and even broke out the old school books and looked through them as well. All they could find were 110" or 113".

Myzticsnake

Savage
Established Member
part number for the belts = K + "# of ribs" + "length of belt" - only use the k for gates belts. If its a napa belt leave it off.

so the part number for a 112" 8 rib belt would be 081120 if they actually have a 112" 8 rib belt. if its a 112.4" then the part # would be K081224 for a napa or gates belt.

Look here
Gates K081124 Gates 8-Rib Micro-V and V-Ribbed Belts

Last edited:

96S/Cobra

Established Member
Great info Myzticsnake, I really appreciate it!!

I called Dave at BGGPerformance (per THAITED's recommendation, and considering all he does is mess with 8 rib conversion kits) and he told me to get a belt with the part # K081124. So going with the de-coded part # this belt should be 112.4" long, but Napa told me it is 112.97" long, so just over 1/2" longer than what the part # suggests, also assuming the length info that Napa has is correct.

Apparently no one makes an 8 rib belt that is exactly 112" long, and you would have thought that the Vortech tech line would have been able to help me out a bit more than they had considering the line of business they are in.

But anyway, I ordered the K081124 belt from Napa and hopefully everything will work just fine.

THAITED

Established Member
Great info Myzticsnake, I really appreciate it!!

I called Dave at BGGPerformance (per THAITED's recommendation, and considering all he does is mess with 8 rib conversion kits) and he told me to get a belt with the part # K081124. So going with the de-coded part # this belt should be 112.4" long, but Napa told me it is 112.97" long, so just over 1/2" longer than what the part # suggests, also assuming the length info that Napa has is correct.

Apparently no one makes an 8 rib belt that is exactly 112" long, and you would have thought that the Vortech tech line would have been able to help me out a bit more than they had considering the line of business they are in.

But anyway, I ordered the K081124 belt from Napa and hopefully everything will work just fine.

I have the same problem with belt slipping so I order a slight larger rib idler pulley (the one above the A/C) from Dave and that solved my problem.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread