Need a new headgasket

Venomus93

Established Member
hey guys i smoked the headgasket on my cobra a lil while back and when the weather clears its gotta be fixed. Can anyone reccomend a good gasket that will stand up to the abuse of a 9psi blower on my cobra? anything else you'd do while the motor is apart?

~Ray~

Established Member
Felpro 9333pt or Felpro MLS, I would recommend the MLS they cost $150 but they take some major abuse & can be reused multiple times.

Venomus93

Established Member
I have heard alot of good things bout the Fel pro's. Ill def look into them.
Also do you guys think ill run into any or alot of problems since i have let the car sit since blowing the gasket(unstarted) since it happened in Sept of 04? yikes i hope not!

hollant

Stuck In First Gear
Established Member
I put the Felpro 9333pt2 on my turbo cobra. They are fine so far. Take a look at turbomustangs.com for some great help on boosted tech questions. Have the heads decked to make sure they are flat.

fasterandfaster

Just make sure the deck is flat, and the head is flat.
Use good bolts and torque sequence. Stock blocks are famous for flexing, especially on the drivers side [because of the motormount]. Keep a safe tune, sacrifice a little power, detonation will surely ruin your day.

Good luck.
Vince

badvenm

Established Member
By letting it sit you may have cylinder rust on the cylinder that blew the headgasket. I would not let the water sit in their that long. But if it's been that way since Sept. 04 the damage is already done and their is no hurry now. Make sure you clean it the best you can and hope the rings are not rusted to the wall. I would wd-40 the crap out of it and let it sit for a few days and keep soaking it and then try to clean as best you can and hope all is well.

Users who are viewing this thread