Need a new fuel pump

ARodmarauder

Established Member
So I need a fuel pump for my car and I want to put an Aeromotive fuel pump don't know which one I need. It's a 98 cobra with a vortech v-2 and also already had Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator, fuel rails and fuel injectors. Any advice helps. TIA

crazycarlo

Established Member
How much power are you making. If you looking to only make around 450 RWHP then the Aviator pump is your best bet. They are a direct drop in and pretty cheap. Alot of the aftermarket pumps need the basket to be modified to work.

That's because the 98 fuel system is a bastard child system.

ARodmarauder

Established Member
How much power are you making. If you looking to only make around 450 RWHP then the Aviator pump is your best bet. They are a direct drop in and pretty cheap. Alot of the aftermarket pumps need the basket to be modified to work.

That's because the 98 fuel system is a bastard child system.

Yeah I noticed that on the Aeromotive web page it doesn't mention anything pump that will fit a 98 cobra and only 96-97. I think I'm going to have to go this route for now since my pump is already taking a dumb on me and then eventually going Aeromotive. Thanks for the advice crazycarlo

Yellow98SVT

T-trim, bitches
Established Member
you can buy a used 2004 Aviator fuel pump off ebay for 75 bucks. It should support you all the way up to +/- 475 rwhp

crazycarlo

Established Member
Yeah man the Aviator will prob keep you good unles your going big power. I had one making 433 to the wheels with 42lb injectors when I had my V-1 and I loved it.

Users who are viewing this thread