Need a little help...

Callaway Cobra

speeding
Established Member
I took the car out the other day and it drove fine. I later come home and i smell something a little funny. So i check it out and i see the car is leaking some oil. Not a whole lot but more then i feel comfortable with. So i get under then clean it all up and start the car and i see it dripping from the when the oil filter, and sending unit are. Then i notice that there is a small pin hole where it is coming out from. Has anyone had this happen or what may have caused this?

mailgooglecom.jpg

snakeraper11b

Established Member
Its designed that way by ford. Its a weep hole to let you know you need to replace the o-ring seal on the oil cooler. You might just need to tighten down the center hex head pin on it. Once you take off the filter you will understand. I believe it is a 1/2" hex. Let me know if that works for you.

01yellercobra

Established Member
It's probably happened to all of us. I think the torque spec for the piece that goes through the oil cooler is around 40ft-lbs.

Callaway Cobra

speeding
Established Member
I pulled the filter off and i could turn the nut with my fingers. But i didnt have a big enough allen so i went out to get one. No one had one. Sears, lowes, i even tried wal-mart lol. Ill go out and look tomorrow if not i will just order one.

3B99SVT

Top down makes me smile
Established Member
It may be too late, but I just got a 1/2" bolt and double nutted it. I then put the bolt head into the center bolt and a ratchet on the double nut and tightened it. Cheap fix.

Users who are viewing this thread