Need a little computer help..

slick0478

Established Member
I am preety illiterate when it comes to the p.c stuff

I was trying to make a picture slideshow on a disc and did but it will not play in my DVD player. The format was VCD wich my machine supposedly has it did work ing one DVD player.
So my question is someone told me to use a DVD-RW disc but I have a CD burner not a DVD burner will it still burn on that type of disc in VCD format not DVD ?

Any help appreciated
Slick

Steeltwo

Established Member
slick0478 said:
I am preety illiterate when it comes to the p.c stuff

I was trying to make a picture slideshow on a disc and did but it will not play in my DVD player. The format was VCD wich my machine supposedly has it did work ing one DVD player.
So my question is someone told me to use a DVD-RW disc but I have a CD burner not a DVD burner will it still burn on that type of disc in VCD format not DVD ?

Any help appreciated
Slick
no a cd burner will not burn to a dvd of any kind. Different laser.

burn the vcd onto a normal cd-r and plop it into the player and it should work(given that you are using a program that indexes everything without asking you as most do)

made my parents a video/slideshow using vcd format on a cd-r

Last edited:

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
Go out and get the lastest Version of Nero. It has a picture slide show creator, that makes adding music and other crap easy. After you have created it, it will put it on a Cd-r for you. If you have already created one, and it didnt work in your dvd player, either you did it worng, or your dvd player doesnt support vcd's. Good Luck

slick0478

Established Member
Thanks
I think it is the DVD players I tried it on my good one and it worked I guess the others don't recognize CD-R/RW disc's.

I was using the photo program that came with my HP printer( I think it is called Photo-Director-memories disc), I added music and so on.

Is this Nero better or should I just use what came with the printer or will this maybe let me play on other dvd players.

Slick

Users who are viewing this thread