need a little bit of help...

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
I have the JLP cold air intake.My front bumper is only 4 1/2" from the ground.The scoop is 1 3/4" from the ground.Way too close.Do you really need a cold air intake?I want to know how many use one and who does not.I was thinking about pulling out my fog lights and using those holes for the cold air intake.Not sure what to do_Once you cut the bumper for the hose you can never replace the lights.Thanks

203Cree

Established Member
I took the scoop off mine years ago and didn't really notice any change other than I didn't find anymore dead frogs stuff in my airbox. :-D

Charlie41

SiFi junky
Established Member
Cheep easy way to keep cool air to the filter. Look at the finder where your filter box is, there is a hole there. Cover it with a 12 vdc fan hooked to a toggle switch. It will draw cooler air from the outside wile sitting. And no it will not totally supply the engine, but the air will be cooler. And you will not have to worry about sucking in water when driving down the road.

Charlie

Robert Francis

Established Member
You're almost always better off supplying air to your intake that is a cooler temp, such as ambient outside air temp, than your underhood temp. I've had 3" ducts under my front valance for 6 years supplying air for my intake and never had any problems.

Users who are viewing this thread