Need a little advice PLEASE.

fatal1

Established Member
I have gotten a ticket that is alittle extreme to me. It is a careless/ prohibited driving. The price is $490. What I did was come through an intersection making a left hand turn and got on it. Alittle bit sideways. No traffic, and was around 11 PM at night. This is one step below a DWI here. Should I go to court and plead, ask for a reduced sentence and prob. Any advice would be nice right now. Thanks

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
Based on your description, I would say that was the proper action for the officer to take. I would suggest contacting the court and working out the details.

Lawfficer

Just a dude with a car
Established Member
I agree... Sounds like you earned the ticket.

However, most Courts are more than willing to change the wording of what you did in exchange for a Gulity/No Contest plea. They hate court for a traffic ticket. Go and talk to your DA.

GH1086

Established Member
Lawfficer said:
I agree... Sounds like you earned the ticket.

However, most Courts are more than willing to change the wording of what you did in exchange for a Gulity/No Contest plea. They hate court for a traffic ticket. Go and talk to your DA.

Yup try to bargain with them, and Lawfficer, love the avatar, in one of the neighboring departments there is somebody who looks and talks just like him. I also love the UN thing in your sig.

fatal1

Established Member
I figured that I would bite the bullet and go pay the ticket, for a wake-up call, so I got the money and went back up there. The first lady I dealt with was busy, so the lady next to her helped me. She qoutes me $165, I'm alittle concerned that the first ldy was going to pocket the money, or she made an honest mistake. I payed the 165 and got a receite and got the hell out of there. Thought about calling the DA and saying something about this.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
fatal1 said:
I figured that I would bite the bullet and go pay the ticket, for a wake-up call, so I got the money and went back up there. The first lady I dealt with was busy, so the lady next to her helped me. She qoutes me $165, I'm alittle concerned that the first ldy was going to pocket the money, or she made an honest mistake. I payed the 165 and got a receite and got the hell out of there. Thought about calling the DA and saying something about this.

Yeah call the DA, and tell him you got the "receite" too!!!

Users who are viewing this thread