need a lil advice

Fishdizzle

@DigitalExplor
Established Member
i have the LFP power pack with a 6# lower ....
its not installed ...

ive been thinking and people have told me ... should i change it out and get a 4# lower and maybe add an upper?

i also wanted to go on the bottle later on ... would it just be better to go with the 4# and upper and then bottle then just 6# and bottle?

just need some input from people out there ...

Last edited:

04 Sonic Blue L

Sittin on 23s
Established Member
well im not the right guy to put to0 much input . . . but when i was WAY INTO the lightning scene it was much better to have a #6 . . because the smaller blower pulley just equals more BELT SLIP!!!. . . help him out as well as me guys !!! thanks

Fishdizzle

@DigitalExplor
Established Member
thats what im thinking ... cause my original plan was to do a 6# lower and then like 50 shot of juice ... but people have been telling me that i will blow my motor ... but i know with a good tune i should be safe ... correct?

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
Leave the stock upper. Go with the 6# lower and an idler kit. You can spray the 50 shot with no worries. Just remember to get a good tune. Thats the one thing you should never think twice about.

Fishdizzle

@DigitalExplor
Established Member
im planning on getting tuned at RET by greg ... what does an idler kit do exactly? just puts more tention on the belt?

what kindof power should i be making on spray?
500whp/700ishwtq?

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah. Gives you more belt wrap, less slipage, able to maintain the amount of boost you're supposed to have.

I have no clue. Why dont you go the ported blower/6# lower first and then decide if you think you need the nitrous.

y0rascal

I admit to being a Newbie
Established Member
FleeMan said:
Yeah. Gives you more belt wrap, less slipage, able to maintain the amount of boost you're supposed to have.

I have no clue. Why dont you go the ported blower/6# lower first and then decide if you think you need the nitrous.

with that combination you can forget the nitrous....:fm:

Fishdizzle

@DigitalExplor
Established Member
FleeMan said:

im planning on spraying later on after i get tired of the power and need more hahaha we all know how that works :D

RUNVS?

Established Member
Just remember that once you go with the 6# pulley on a stock bottom end, your days of doing 130 MPH blasts down the open highway are over. Leave that stuff for the built-motor guys.

RUNVS?

Established Member
Too much stress and heat generated at those speeds.
The stock rods and pistons don't like it. :nono:

Last edited:

SVT Knight

Established Member
FleeMan said:

+1, if not your killing that poor little eaton.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
I had a 6# and 2.8 Upper with a stock eaton for almost 25K. MULTIPLE 130mph blasts. Still on my stock motor.

Users who are viewing this thread