NEED A.I.R tubes

5ohstang

vnmus97
Established Member
i need the tubes that go from the front of the headers to the a.i.r system. i put on longtubes and we didnt think we needed them since the wholes werent drilled on the header so we cut them for easier access. so if anyone has these please let me know! they are for a 96-97 cobra

RSbeast

Established Member
Most vortech kits require you to cut and lengthen these. You can just sleeve them with hose if you didn't cut it right at the fitting.

crazycarlo

Established Member
Most vortech kits require you to cut and lengthen these. You can just sleeve them with hose if you didn't cut it right at the fitting.

I have never seen a vortech kit wher eu had to cut and lengthen the AIR hoses. I take it you need them in MO?

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
They are the air injector tubes.. Post a wanted ad in the Market section. Might also look on Corral.net

5ohstang

vnmus97
Established Member
Yeah I've been looking for a while and finally found out that ford doesn't make them anymore... Missouri does need them because to check emissions they check your codes when the check engine light is on. And it will run better because I unplugged the air pump so nothing is working.

crazycarlo

Established Member
well if all they look for is the light u can have the check engine light turned off with a tuner...so if thats all ur looking for it might be better to purchase one of those.

5ohstang

vnmus97
Established Member
i do have a tuner but i just want it done right. its messing with my imrc plates and gas mileage and they say that it runs better if they are all hooked up. the tuner only turns it off for 60 miles anyway.

98fourvalve

Established Member
must be why i didnt see it i have a 98. And I know u dont have to do it for 2003 Gt's either haha.

Probably didn't see the difference in 98 as they changed the egr setup style in 98. 96-97 has one tube off each header. they were smaller

98 has a large one that connects both.

No big. OP purchased a set of 96-97s from me.

Good dealing with you.

Users who are viewing this thread