Neat Odometer Trick

99slowbra

SVT FREAK
Established Member
My buddy has a 2000 GT and showed me this. I want to see who else has heard or tried it before.

Hold trip reset - key in off position
While still holding button, turn key in on position
Wait about 3 seconds and it should come up and say TEST
Start the car

You can view fuel, battery, oil comes up 0 for both of us for some reason, RPM, speed, and tons of other crap. Thought it was a cool find. After owning this car for over 2 years, it's cool to find new things I never knew about.

kxt

atomic number 30
Established Member
i had forgot how to do this. Thanks!

D's01Snake

Motor City Muscle
Established Member
back_to_the_future.jpg

lol im just kidding. Im sure some new folks didnt know about this.

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
yeah, i havent heard about this in along time.
good info for the new owners and for us old folks that forgot how to do it.

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
This is so cool, I decided to take a break from work and walk out to the parking lot to try it.

I'm curious about the DTC codes section. Will it display multiple codes? My check engine light has been on for a long time now, and I finally found out that it's code #5284 Oil Pressure Switch Failure. That's the only code it displayed, so does that mean it's the only code I'm throwing?

Homer

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
This is so cool, I decided to take a break from work and walk out to the parking lot to try it.

I'm curious about the DTC codes section. Will it display multiple codes? My check engine light has been on for a long time now, and I finally found out that it's code #5284 Oil Pressure Switch Failure. That's the only code it displayed, so does that mean it's the only code I'm throwing?

Homer

If you got this code, it means that you did the test while the engine was off.. Motor has to be running for that test to give you a proper result. :burnout:

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
Good point! The instructions tell you to initiate the diagnostic mode while the engine is off while the key is in the "ON" position. Once the diagnostics mode is on, you can then start the engine. I did this, and all the gauges began reading data, such as the RPM, fuel, etc. etc. But the oil pressure still read zero, and the code was still there.

So, do I have to initiate the diagnostic mode while the engine is running?

Homer

Users who are viewing this thread