Neares drag strip near fort lauderdale?

nav_sc

Established Member
HI i just bought a 10th aniversary torch red cobra and wanted to know which drag strip is the closest to davie (fort lauderdale)? Also which days are they open and traction is good? thanks

SouthFlaSnake

Established Member
Moroso is the closest... its up in West Palm Beach. As far as traction, its not exactly the best. Wensday nights are best as far as being crowded.

-Mike

KOTH

Hang loose - travel light
Established Member
Wednesday and Friday nights are test and tune. Street cars typically run the sportsman class. You will need a DOT approved helmut if you run the car 13.99 or quicker. Sometimes there is a guy down near the fuel pumps that rents them for $15 I think.

Just thought I'd share this in case you didn't know.

http://www.morosomotorsportspark.com/

2003Slobra

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Nav- Moroso is open every Wed and Fri for Test and Tune, but some days are special and will be slicks only but that does not happen very often. Now that School is out, it will be fuller than past tests and tunes, but wed. is without a doubt not packed. I just went last friday and there was about 35 Cars running Test and Tune, but I have seen over 300. You do need a helmet if you run under 14.00 then you will need a driveshaft loop if you run under a 13.00. It costs 15$ to run as many times as you would like, or 10$ to watch from the stands. They just redid the track and moved the walls real close to the lanes, but it has changed the outcome of the drivers from not bring dirt, ect onto the track. Ask me any ?'s you know, I am there almost every wed and fri.

nav_sc

Established Member
Maybe i will go this week. Just need to know more information about the helmet. Do they give break for the first time if you run 13 seg.?? or they will throw me out....
03 Slobra: when is traction better,wed or friday? will it be open this week both days? what average times are the cobra running stock down there? finally at what hour do they open the gates? thanks

2003Slobra

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Maybe i will go this week. Just need to know more information about the helmet. Do they give break for the first time if you run 13 seg.?? or they will throw me out....

Honestly I dont know if they would give you a break. The tech's that line you up are not dumb, but they did let my brother run his for the first time when he bought his brand new 2002 SS Camaro and ran constent 13.5's and they didnt kick him out.

03 Slobra: when is traction better,wed or friday? will it be open this week both days? what average times are the cobra running stock down there? finally at what hour do they open the gates? thanks

I have only ran on Friday nights due to school reasons but im sure it is not that big of a difference. Yes, the track is open both days im sure, I am going wed night but not to run, just to watch. I have seen anywhere from 10.9's to a 15.7 in a 03-04 Cobra, its all in the driver, and the people line up at around 6 o'clock and I sure the lines start racing at 7.

KOTH

Established Member
Originally posted by 2003Slobra
Nav- Moroso is open every Wed and Fri for Test and Tune, but some days are special and will be slicks only but that does not happen very often. ....

Slicks only is only on some Saturdays not the test and tune nights which are Wed and Fri.

launchnukes

Crazy SVT Person
Established Member
Originally posted by 2003Slobra
Honestly I dont know if they would give you a break. The tech's that line you up are not dumb, but they did let my brother run his for the first time when he bought his brand new 2002 SS Camaro and ran constent 13.5's and they didnt kick him out.

from my experience there, they don't give people breaks. but that's just my experiences. they will let you go once, if you get in the 13s or better, you'll need a helmet

2003Slobra

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
from my experience there, they don't give people breaks. but that's just my experiences. they will let you go once, if you get in the 13s or better, you'll need a helmet

He ran about 4 times and every time was under a 13.XX, he needed a helmet, and not once did they kick him out.

nav_sc

Established Member
Well i went friday ran 13.3 at 108 mph with 2.25 60 foot times
Somehow i ran 13.3 with the traction control on in another pass , i had heard that traction lok took out few tenths
the car is 100% stock, i am not too impress with the performace but now i have baseline
i am thinking of putting a steeda or K N filter and practice for better 60 foot times.
thanks for the help

KOTH

Established Member
Originally posted by nav_sc
Well i went friday ran 13.3 at 108 mph with 2.25 60 foot times
Somehow i ran 13.3 with the traction control on in another pass , i had heard that traction lok took out few tenths
the car is 100% stock, i am not too impress with the performace but now i have baseline
i am thinking of putting a steeda or K N filter and practice for better 60 foot times.
thanks for the help

I saw you run last night. I actually stopped by and looked at your front brake calipers as I am thinking of painting mine red. Some guys with a laptop computer were hanging out right in front of you.

Users who are viewing this thread