Near bricked ECU experience avoided! Whew!

faztcobra

Established Member
I was attempting to datalog my car on 47# injectors late last night and my laptop died on me. It said it had over half an hour of battery left and then it dropped to 3 minutes in the blink of an eye and then quickly shut down after that. That all happened during a 2 min idle datalog session. Anyway, I close up the laptop and head back inside to charge up the laptop again. I come out about 20 mins later to move my car and it won't start. It says "Please check charging system". I know the battery is just fine. I plug in the SCT device and it says something to the effect of "key must be in ON position". Well, it was. Thanks to having seen several threads on here, I didn't panic and figured I'd be ok, but would probably have to wait until in the morning to get a hold of SCT to help me figure out how to fix things. I finally tried one last thing and attempted to revert the car to the stock tune and fortunately, it did. After reverting to stock, the car fired right up. Still a nervewracking experience when you have a 3800 lb paperweight sitting in the garage. Datalogging is now done though and I need to pick up a GT500 fuel filter and say "Hello E85!"

faztcobra

Established Member
Had it happen to me 7 times and this is why i want nothing to do with SCT any longer!
Dang man. I can see why. This happened during datalogging, but when switching between tunes, I've never had any issues. Did yours just freeze up during tune changes or what?

ViciousJay

Established Member
Dang man. I can see why. This happened during datalogging, but when switching between tunes, I've never had any issues. Did yours just freeze up during tune changes or what?

where do i start, it would run half way and error out, or when i finished loading the tune id have a check engine, or the abs light on no traction and it would flip out and buck or the car wouldnt run right. It would straight up kill my battery. Or the engine felt like it was under heavy stress like it would pop if i pushed the gas any more. I wasnt pleased with SCT and i know it wasnt the tune. After 7 tries i said **** this, it isnt worth blowing up a brand new motor over

Also SCT's datalogging is a JOKE

Lethal302

Roar
Established Member
Mine froze up during a firmware update on Friday night, righat after 6pm when they close. I thought I was going to have to wait until monday to put a tune back on my car! It had the stock tune back on for the update and I have a cai, no cats, and different gears from stock so I wasn't about to drive it. Luckily they have an emergency hotline that got it fixed on the weekend

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
This is absolutely ridiculous. How does reading data affect the tune at all or any ability for the car to function.

Cobb please realize this market and get us an Accessport!!!!!

ViciousJay

Established Member
This is absolutely ridiculous. How does reading data affect the tune at all or any ability for the car to function.

Cobb please realize this market and get us an Accessport!!!!!

DO you think we should send them a letter or try to get them involved, i mean if you say there is a market and which there is they im sure they are willing to battle SCT

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
I don't think it would hurt but at the same time I don't think they are really looking for new opportunities that are completely different than their current customer base that is already occupying them with ease. I used to know someone there but haven't talked to him in about 5 years, I'll look him up and see if he is still there.

Users who are viewing this thread