NC tint law?

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
I am down by Sandy Hook. But I drive my L down Palmer all the time. As for tint in NC, I see a lot of guys with it down there. I am sure someone will answer soon, where is Wyte?

BadMoFo

Get Some!
Established Member
the state law is 35%. you can normally find a place that will pass you if your not legal or so I'm told. I currently have 20% and no cats, do they care about the cats, hell no they failed me for my tint, so now I am looking for the good ol boy garage.

WannaB Cobra

Established Member
Yea the no cats thing is gonna annoy me as well. I have friend here that helps but not sure what Im gonna do when I go to NC. I know nobody

BadMoFo

Get Some!
Established Member
do you know what area you are moving to? you could keep your car registered in the origional state so you dont have to worry about it? of course the cats thing is kinda a federal thing.

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
I'm in Charlotte now (until June anyway). My tint is pretty dark but I haven't had any problems. Only person who mentioned it is a friend of mine who became an officer about a year ago, but she was just giving me a hard time.

BTW, something that I have seen people get ticketed for is having tint with the mirrored look to it. My sister got busted for that last summer. Many officers won't look past that violation.

Oh, and if you get pulled over (especially at night) PLEASE roll down all windows. Keeping them up with dark tint is just an invite to a ticket b/c the officer can't see what's going on inside there. Good luck w/ your upcoming move.

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
Almost Forgot:

If you ever want to have the windows re-tinted beyond the legal limit a lot of places will do it - as was said - but most of them won't give you a receipt for it and they'll only take cash for the job. Grant it, if something goes wrong w/ the tint (peeling, for example) you're pretty much SOL unless the guy is pretty honorable about his work.

Users who are viewing this thread