NC Emissions/ Inspections Question

PhoenixGT09

"I Like the Tuna Here."
Established Member
So I am selling my Terminator for a home purchase (boo) but I MAY, just MAY get a new 5.0 to replace it if I can find the right deal.

My question to you NC guys here is this: Is there anything that I need to know for inspections/emissions up here? How strict are they? The new car would be registered in Wake County for the Wake Forest area. :read:

I only ask because I just moved from Atlanta and I was able to get away with window tint, offroad h-pipe, intake, lowering, HID lights, other mods, etc, etc...

If there are any places that you may suggest taking a modded car to for inspection or someone specific to see, that would be greatly appreciated! Or if you have any heads-up's for me, that'd be great too. Thanks!!

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
tint has to be 35%
depends on where you take it, most will put car on lift to see if you have cats.

no CEL's allowed. where in Greensboro are you?

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
tint has to be 35%
depends on where you take it, most will put car on lift to see if you have cats.

no CEL's allowed. where in Greensboro are you?

legal tint is actually 32%, and for 2001 and newer cars you are allowed only 1 non readiness sensor code. no CEL are allowed. I've never had a shop check for cats.

Kenny04Cobra

Established Member
it varies county to county... i think legally, the shop has to raise the car atleast 6 inches.. but, then again it all depends on who you know! lol..

Users who are viewing this thread