Navy Corpsman

Mustang71

Did I say that out loud?
Established Member
Did a seach and did not find anything really about the Corpsman. Any one here an HM? As most people already know from the amount of times I say it in my posts but I am looking to join the military and at first I was limiting my branch choices but now I am broadening them to see if i can fit in any of the branches.

If you are a Corpsman, how do you like it? is it an over-manned rate right now? how long is the training? where are the possible places to be stationed and how hard is it to be placed into a Marine line unit?

Thanks in advanced for your help

Dusten

Established Member
Im not an HM, but I was a recruiter and worked at meps, and am still active duty.
Yes its over manned, yes its hard to advance, and yes its hard to get the job at meps.
that being said, the initial school is something like 5 months. I wouldnt say getting stationed with the marines is hard, but its not easy either. They used to be able to put it in your contract, im not sure that still exists.
Being an HM in the navy can be awesome, or suck huge ****. you might get stationed at a pharmacy, or in a records office doing jack shit. Or you could get stationed on a ship doing emergency medicine. Its a roll of the dice. As far as where you can get stationed, um... ANYWHERE. Ever base, every ship has some form of medical staff, some bigger than others.

Dusten

Established Member
Butters... holy **** i watch to much south park for someone to have that name.
On a serious note, i hope you can be more helpful than i was with my limited knowledge.

DocButters

shämən
Established Member
Yea I know, it's my curse lol. funny story, my lt JUST realized the connection a few weks ago, almost died laughin.

Users who are viewing this thread