Navigation

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
Do any of you guys have an aftermarket navigation in the dash? I currently have a Pioneer AVIC Z1 and I will be getting back into a Cobra very soon. I am just wondering if a double din navi will fit, or will it require some fabrication. Let me know what you guys got. Everyone likes pictures. :)

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
I have the AVIC-Z2 in my 04 Cobra and the new AVIC-N4 in my 98 Cobra. Both are bypassed and I love it. I also have a back-up camera in both and a bluetooth unit hooked up to the Z2 in my 04. The Z2 fits perfectly in my 04.

Great units!

Hey do you have any other pics of your car? From a front angle?

Last edited:

CobraRyan

Banned
i have the black kenwood double din that fits and matches perfect...it looks like it actually comes with the car...

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
Cool. That means the Z1 will fit. I have it bypassed as well, blue tooth, back up camera, ipod video connect etc..

Are you looking for a picture of the front end of my 96?

Last edited:

keith89

Established Member
I have the AVIC-Z2 in my 04 Cobra and the new AVIC-N4 in my 98 Cobra. Both are bypassed and I love it. I also have a back-up camera in both and a bluetooth unit hooked up to the Z2 in my 04. The Z2 fits perfectly in my 04.

Great units!

Hey do you have any other pics of your car? From a front angle?

Did you mount the hideaway unit in the trunk? If so, did you need to buy the optional extension cable for it?

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
Cool. That means the Z1 will fit. I have it bypassed as well, blue tooth, back up camera, ipod video connect etc..
Yeah I had the Z1 - very nice unit, but if you get the Z2 update disk your unit won't be bypassed by the same old ground the parking brake wire trick. It's an electronic bypass - a file thats in the update that negates the normal bypass.

Are you looking for a picture of the front end of my 96?
Yes please.:beer:

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
Yeah I had the Z1 - very nice unit, but if you get the Z2 update disk your unit won't be bypassed by the same old ground the parking brake wire trick. It's an electronic bypass - a file thats in the update that negates the normal bypass.

Yes please.:beer:

:beer:
Cobra5.jpg

Homebrew

Established Member
Where did you guys install the backup camera, out of curiousity?

-Kevin

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
I don't have one, but I think it would be cool to install it in the middle of the "O" in the Ford blue oval. However, I don't know if you'd be able to drill the hole that cleanly without messing up the oval.

Another place I've thought of is next to the license plate. The only thing wrong with either of those locations would be vibration from closing the trunk.

You could drill a hole in back valance and use the underside of the rear bumper for the mounting point.

FEARLE5S

www.SALINASRACING.com
Established Member
I will be going with one soon hopefully. and i think a good place to put the camera would be in the keyhole location. i think that would look oem. no need to drill any holes.

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
How hard are these to install. I know they are not "supposed" to fit our cars, so I am wondering how much fabrication is needed. Do they work with the stock speakers?

TK Doom

Established Member
How hard are these to install. I know they are not "supposed" to fit our cars, so I am wondering how much fabrication is needed. Do they work with the stock speakers?

?

Mine fit perfectly..

are you referring to the head unit?

They have kits for most everything.

Users who are viewing this thread