navi motor in lightning

stangster666

hey guys i just blew the motor in my 02 lightning and i was thinking of putting a dohc navi motor in it dose anyone know if this will work? and if i can put my charger and intakes on it?

FordFanStan

Established Member
No, as of now there is no easily readible way to use the 4 valve Navi engine in the Lightning with the S/C. I was looking into for a breif moment and found that the easiest way would be to use all the stock upper top end of the Navigators and order KB's S/C kit for it, but then you must think about wiring/ecu contrlling, an exterior intercooler, and a few other issues... Stan

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
The only way for it to be really sweet you would have to go turbo. If i could find an intake to bolt the KB to i would be all over finding a set of 4valve heads

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
lightninmike said:
The only way for it to be really sweet you would have to go turbo. If i could find an intake to bolt the KB to i would be all over finding a set of 4valve heads

You love your heads you have now. :-D

Bullitt54

5.4 Anti-Venom
Established Member
Dohc

FordFanStan said:
No, as of now there is no easily readible way to use the 4 valve Navi engine in the Lightning with the S/C. I was looking into for a breif moment and found that the easiest way would be to use all the stock upper top end of the Navigators and order KB's S/C kit for it, but then you must think about wiring/ecu contrlling, an exterior intercooler, and a few other issues... Stan

The Navi can be done with an Eaton, but I agree, turbo or KB would be much easier. I have done a Navi with Termie blower setup, looks stock, but a real PITA to put together all the pieces.... I would post a pic, but I can't seem to figure out why I am not able...:shrug:

BlackL03

Being Blown Feels Gooood!
Established Member
Ill be going 4 valve built in my engine setup when the time comes...already got the turbo!

Users who are viewing this thread