Nations Alternator

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
I'm looking into getting a Nations alternator as mine is bad. The alternator Adam at Nations offers has a external regulator. When this new alternator with external regulator is installed the batt light on the dash stays on. I'm guessing this is just a wiring thing but I'm not a wiring expert so i was wondering if any of you wiring experts can help tell me which wire is the one that goes to batt dash light.

Robertp

2.9 crusher guy
Established Member
My light stays on on with the nations and I've yet to try and fix, but it sure does charge nice

Robert

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
My light stays on on with the nations and I've yet to try and fix, but it sure does charge nice

Robert

It would be helpful to have as that light comes on when the voltage is below 11.6 so you know not to go wot. I wasn't really wanting to install gauges.

It would be helpful to have as that light comes on when the voltage is below 11.6 so you know not to go wot. I wasn't really wanting to install gauges.

Unfortunately, if you are waiting for a battery light to flash it could be too late as well. Our cars don't trip any lights or codes when the alternator isn't even seeing proper voltage. So you could be pushing your car, with the alternator not providing enough juice to your fuel pumps, long before you ever get a battery light sign. I bet a lot of guys that have blown their motors, have done so because they weren't aware their alternator was under performing. These cars have so many things you have to keep a close eye on.

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
Unfortunately, if you are waiting for a battery light to flash it could be too late as well. Our cars don't trip any lights or codes when the alternator isn't even seeing proper voltage. So you could be pushing your car, with the alternator not providing enough juice to your fuel pumps, long before you ever get a battery light sign. I bet a lot of guys that have blown their motors, have done so because they weren't aware their alternator was under performing. These cars have so many things you have to keep a close eye on.

I guess getting a voltage gauge would be my best bet? :shrug:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I guess getting a voltage gauge would be my best bet? :shrug:

Your best bet would be a aeroforce interceptor gauge and be done with it. I only have 1 gauge along with there wideband kit. It's by far one of the best mods I've done to the car. When I'm doing a wot run I watch the a/f ratio and volts normally.

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
Your best bet would be a aeroforce interceptor gauge and be done with it. I only have 1 gauge along with there wideband kit. It's by far one of the best mods I've done to the car. When I'm doing a wot run I watch the a/f ratio and volts normally.

Yeah i was thinking about aeroforce but i love the way the speedhut gauges look haha. :??:

03Steve

Established Member
Old topic, but I just purchased one of these kits from Adam yesterday. He is local to me here in the Missouri area so I figured I would give it a shot.

Adam told me the battery light has since been addressed with the current offering. A complete installation kit is included as well. If the OP doesn't mind, I can use this topic for a write up and review.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
I installed a Nations alternator recently.
Install is easy and no battery light problem.
Hope to data log this weekend.
I ran a 3.2" pulley. The Nations alt came with a 2.75.
The bracket has slotted bolt holes which enabled me to use my existing belt.

Swervedriver

Established Member
I installed a Nations alternator recently.
Install is easy and no battery light problem.
Hope to data log this weekend.
I ran a 3.2" pulley. The Nations alt came with a 2.75.
The bracket has slotted bolt holes which enabled me to use my existing belt.

Where did you get the 3.2" pulley? I'm still spinning the 2.75" that came with my nations alt despite running a 6 lbs lower.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Where did you get the 3.2" pulley? I'm still spinning the 2.75" that came with my nations alt despite running a 6 lbs lower.

I probably need to clarify my statement. I ran a 3.2 on my stock Ford unit.
The 2.75 came with the Nations and that is what I am running now.

Adam wasn't concerned about over spinning the unit with the larger lower pulley.

Last edited:

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
Old topic, but I just purchased one of these kits from Adam yesterday. He is local to me here in the Missouri area so I figured I would give it a shot.

Adam told me the battery light has since been addressed with the current offering. A complete installation kit is included as well. If the OP doesn't mind, I can use this topic for a write up and review.

I don't mind at all. I'm actually having a issue with my dash lights/gauges pulsating again. I need to speak with Adam soon.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Hmmmm makes me want to go with it. So is it a truly plug and play?

It is not plug and play but it is very simple to install.
Cut the plastic plug off the two wire that go to the alternator.
Strip the green wire with red stripe.
Crimp it into the white wire from the new alternator. The heat shrink but connector is already installed on the white wire. That's all the wiring.
The hole on the wire lug will need to be open about a 1/16" since the new alternator uses are larger lug.
A bracket is used to mount the lower bolt to the stock mounting hole.
Mount remote regulator at a location of your choosing.
It took me less than an hour.
No more stock configuration alternators for me.

Since the mounting brackket is slotted I was able to use my existing belt even thoug I went from a 3.2" pulley to a 2.75" pulley.
See pics below.

New Nations Terminator alternator.
IMG_0712_zpsa716ed93.jpg

IMG_0714_zps80cd5e70.jpg

IMG_0715_zpsad78ba65.jpg

IMG_0717_zpsdd9fca20.jpg

Nations on the right. Stock on the left.
IMG_0718_zps028ea223.jpg

External Regulator
IMG_0713_zps53d1ffc4.jpg

IMG_0716_zpsaf2c5465.jpg

IMG_0730_zpsa811e4cc.jpg

Wiring
IMG_0725_zps48c4182a.jpg

IMG_0727_zps5791a774.jpg

IMG_0728_zpsa3ece0e0.jpg

gdog87

Established Member
It is not plug and play but it is very simple to install.
Cut the plastic plug off the two wire that go to the alternator.
Strip the green wire with red stripe.
Crimp it into the white wire from the new alternator. The heat shrink but connector is already installed on the white wire. That's all the wiring.
The hole on the wire lug will need to be open about a 1/16" since the new alternator uses are larger lug.
A bracket is used to mount the lower bolt to the stock mounting hole.
Mount remote regulator at a location of your choosing.
It took me less than an hour.
No more stock configuration alternators for me.

Since the mounting brackket is slotted I was able to use my existing belt even thoug I went from a 3.2" pulley to a 2.75" pulley.
See pics below.

New Nations Terminator alternator.
View attachment 562350

View attachment 562351

View attachment 562352

View attachment 562353

Nations on the right. Stock on the left.
View attachment 562354

External Regulator
View attachment 562355

View attachment 562356

View attachment 562357

Wiring
View attachment 562358

View attachment 562359

View attachment 562360

Great write up by the way the piece of paper they said was jiberish to me and i couldnt understand it. What is that lower bracket you have on it though?

Users who are viewing this thread