National moving companies?

numbnutz

Established Member
Moving from Chicago to LA and was looking for a reputable moving company. Who here has used one? Any good or bad experiences I'd like to here them. I also need my 5.0 and my wife's Lexus transported. Either using the moving company or Uship. I'd like your guys advice, thank you..

slink

Established Member
I worked for Mayflower and United Van Lines years ago. I would recommend United Van Lines. Get quotes from a few different moving companies. They should offer some form of discount. Have the United Van Lines rep come last and show him/her the other quotes you received. Most nationial moving companies also move automobiles.

oldmodman

Established Member
I was amazed at how much these moving companies charge.

So I checked at getting a shipping container and just having a real trucking company move it.

It was WAY Cheaper. Cost to buy a weather proof 40 foot long steel shipping container was $475.00 dropped off at my curb. Not a rent. I own it.

Then the shipping rates for a single container to be picked up and taken to the nearest rail center, put on a freight car and taken to the nearest point to the new location and then hauled to that location was about half or less than hiring a moving company.

Users who are viewing this thread