National Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVTJONES

Established Member
joined the National Guard on 9/12/2006. I am Airborne/Special Forces. Aside from those duties I am a recruiters asistant. I wanted to let everyone here know about the benefits of joining the guard. Programs are listed below as well as general pay info.

College First: This program allows you to work on your BA for tow years after basic training. During those two years you are undeployable. To qualify for this program you have to make a 51 or higher on the asvab test and be enrolled or accepted into a college. Another benefit of this program is that you will get a $350 monthly stipend while in college. You must also complete basic training to get the stipend.

GI Bill: After completing basic training you are eligible for the GI Bill which pays you a $297 monthly stipend while in college.

Drill Pay: For your weekend drills you will be paid $165 monthly for two days of drill or more depending what pay grade you come in at. If you have college credit you could enlist as an E-4 or higher.

Age limit: The age limit has been raised to 42. Your work and educaion experiences could qualify you for a dirtect appointment as a warrant officer int he Guard. More info on this will be given by the recruiter.

Enlistment Bonus: Right now the guard is giving up to $20,000 bonuses for the critical positions. Right now there are ten federal positions and twenty more at the state level.

Medical Professionals: You could qualify for a direct appointment as an officer with up to a $30,000 bonus as well as extra pay for you specialty.

Jobs and training: Right now there are over 200 job in the National Guard. You could get training as a radiologist, helicopter mechanic or even military police. Your training could also earn you college credit.

Other benefits: life insurance, medical, dental and vision insurance.

If you are still working on your BA degree you could join the National Guard and join the rotc program at college. When finished you will earn a commission of 2nd Lituenant. While in the Guard and rotc you will earn an extra stipend $300 for freshman, $350 for sophmore, $450 for junior and $500 for senior year. Thia stipend is on top of you GI Bill, GI Bill kicker and drill pay.

Tuituin reimbursement: On top of all of the other educatjon bebefits you would qualify for Tuition reimbursement from Texas and Federal. Texas will pay up to $112 per credit hour and $1,344 per semester. Federal will pay up to $250 per credit hour and $4500 per year. If your school is already paid through a Pell Grant or other source you will be able to keep this money and apply it to living expenses or other expenses to help you get through college.

In conclusion, all of these benefits are great, but the best benefit of all is the ability to serve your country and have a sense of pride in what you do.

You can either message me back on here or email me (email is in profile). I will set you up with a recruiter to talk about what the Guard can do for you. It will not be a high pressure meeting nor will there be a requirement to sing any papers. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Ryan

My email is [email protected]

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Duende! You listening?

Duende

Thomas @ AppOSL.com
Established Member
Someone's looking out for me! Haha, thank you!

I was just checking on this thread after I sent him an email and saw your reply, Riddla. :-D

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
if i joined the national guard i'd wanna be a pilot only. Can you guys train a 19 year old with no experience to be a pilot? :)

Riddla

Established Member
Wishing4Cobra said:
if i joined the national guard i'd wanna be a pilot only. Can you guys train a 19 year old with no experience to be a pilot? :)

Everything is possible my friend. Just sign here

Sapperstang

Established Member
You joined the guard LAST MONTH and you're already SF and airborne qualified? Bullshit

Riddla

Established Member
Sapperstang said:
You joined the guard LAST MONTH and you're already SF and airborne qualified? Bullshit

Maybe he is in the special ed forces? :lol1:

:beer:

SVTJONES

Established Member
I am not special forces quialified and airborne qualified until after basic/ait/airborne school etc. That is what i will be qualified in after my training is complete on 6/18.2006. No I am not a recruiter just a recruiter assistant.

SVTJONES

Established Member
take that back, not sf qualified but will be in a sf unit for some reason. Going sf later next year after basic/ait/airborne

SVTJONES

Established Member
take that back, not sf qualified but will be in a sf unit for some reason. Going sf later next year after basic/ait/airborne

Sapperstang

Established Member
Thats more like it. You haven't even went to basic yet man. So technically you aren't even a soldier yet. Got a long way to go before you can say you're airborne let alone SF. How are you in a SF unit now?

Last edited:

RiffRaff04

Established Member
NG works different than active duty, he is assigned to the SF unit because that is his local unit and later he should be sent to SF. It sounds like his recruiter is pressuring him to get people to talk to. I know this because I use to do the same thing with all the kids I put in the army when I was a recruiter. Although im not sure why you would post this on a web site like this because if he does convince someone to join they would have to do it at local recruiters office. Good luck though

Dusten

Established Member
Wishing4Cobra said:

Most services require a college degree to fly. You have to be an officer. Except, Warrant Officers can fly in the Army, but that is another story. And you dont need any formal expierence to be a pilot, nor a degree related to flight.

I scored a 97 on the ASVAB. What would that qualify me for
That is an opened question. Your overall score is only good to get you in the service, and the minimum is a 35. After that, your line scores(or combined scores on other areas of the test) determine your job.
There are nine sections to the asvab, Word Knowledge, Arithmetic Reasoning, Paragraph comprehension, Math Knowledge. Thos four determine the overall score, in your case a 97, which means you outscored 97% of the country.
The other sections are Electronics, General Science, coding speed, auto shop, mechanical comprehension. Those sections determine your job, when combined with the others. I had a guy that got a 94, but couldnt be a welder/pipe fitter because his lines scores werent high enough in the required sections. But i had a guy that got a 35 that is in Avation electronics because he was good at that. And yes, i am a recruiter, for the navy.

SVTJONES

Established Member
RiffRaff04 said:
NG works different than active duty, he is assigned to the SF unit because that is his local unit and later he should be sent to SF. It sounds like his recruiter is pressuring him to get people to talk to. I know this because I use to do the same thing with all the kids I put in the army when I was a recruiter. Although im not sure why you would post this on a web site like this because if he does convince someone to join they would have to do it at local recruiters office. Good luck though

Thanks for clarifying for me about special forces. My recruiter is pressuring me a little but, I am a little more motivated to talk to people because for everyone I refer that enlist I get $2,000. It does not matter what recruiter I use. Currently I have three people enlisting. I scored a 98 and I qualifued for anything but I chose Infantry , Airborne school and a little after finish my fall semester of college next year (doing rotc) I will ship for sf school.

Shiper

Really Cool Guy
Established Member
What kind of advantages do the armed services offer if you already have your degree from college? Will they pay back old student loans? Is there a good website with job listings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread