National Advanced Driving Simulator

RookieBeotch

Post Whore!!
Established Member
I participated in a study today, at a National Advanced Driving Simulator sponsored by the University of Iowa, its goal was to test driver performance with assistive technology like ESC and TCS. Started out by filling out a few questionares, then came the actual driving part, you walk into this pod type thing, all white walls where they shoot the video/virtual reality stuff, and then you get into the car (it was a 98' Malibu) they calibrate all the cameras so they know where your eyes are looking, and they have you preform a few tests, they all start out parked on a rural road shoulder where your suppose to pull out and maintain as close to 65 mph as you can, you get incentive pay for staying within 3 mph of it. They randomly have accidents or events occur infront of you, like someone pull out, veer into your lane, or have an item fall out of a truck infront of you, and they watch you react and take notes. It took about 2 hours overall, and was a fun experience, however I don't think i did very well avoiding accidents wise, but did get almost all the incentive pay available. Well i was just telling you about my experience and curious if anyone else has participated in a like experiment, oh yeah i got 25 bucks plus another 15 incentive.

Users who are viewing this thread