Nasty 302 based street fox just keeps getting quicker!

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
Little vid from the track yesterday.. It's amazing what this dinosaur of a motor (by today's standards at least) is doing with a very basic setup, and in full street trim minus slicks + gas..

[video=youtube_share;DmmFc02f-pU]http://youtu.be/DmmFc02f-pU[/video]

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Hahaha screw lvd!

Would you mind PM'ing me the rundown on that motor?? Looking to build a new setup and that seems pretty straightforward, and clearly works!! :rockon:

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
Got that thing running strong! I'm guessing it's only good up to 10.0 for tech.

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
Hahaha screw lvd!

Would you mind PM'ing me the rundown on that motor?? Looking to build a new setup and that seems pretty straightforward, and clearly works!! :rockon:

It's a buddies car, but from what I remember, it's an old school 69 boss 302 block, 347 rotating assembly but .060 over (352cid), relatively lightweight assembly, shifts normally at 7k on the bottle. FTI custom nitrous solid roller, Heads are canfield heads that flow to the tune of 320cfm at the lift he has (he didn't message me specifics), victor junior just ported to head size, studded heads, pro-systems custom carb. 11.5:1 compression. It run's on pump, but because of the age of the motor, we drained the pump and put C16 in there for the spray passes. The plate is pretty much maxed out because of solenoid, realistically its probably ~a 275 shot We are getting into the "Hot #5 cylinder" territory.. and have to cater the tune to that one hole. The last pass lucky the bottle ran dry. gonna need to cut timing to like 14* total next time out. Wouldn't hurt to get an actual decent plate/fogger though, lol. Not to mention LVD isn't the best track to get personal bests on. We figure at Atco with the tune squared away this car just might squeak a 8.99 out of it, if the motor holds together. Suspension is barbaric at best.. literally 90/10 shocks, 50/50 non adjustable rears, aftermarket (forget brand) non adjustable upper/lower control arms, and a freaking auburn diff with 28 c-clip axles.. it's amazing the car 1.30's on that with a little 10.5 tire. The front end has suspension limiters though, so thats why it left like it did the 2nd run. It would of either left like an animal, or blew the tires off.

why did Tech trailer you? I guess I'm missing something. not enough bar??

Yup, it's a roll bar.. Too be legal, it would need a 8.50 cert cage, window net, chute, etc.. etc... I guess we'll try our luck at a different track, lol.

Got that thing running strong! I'm guessing it's only good up to 10.0 for tech.

Yup, 10.0 roll bar in it. Definitely an unsuspecting car, even with the stats out on paper! It goes alright on motor too! It runs 11.1-11.2@122-123mph range!

Last edited:

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
It's a buddies car, but from what I remember, it's an old school 69 boss 302 block, 347 rotating assembly but .060 over (352cid), relatively lightweight assembly, shifts normally at 7k on the bottle. FTI custom nitrous solid roller, Heads are canfield heads that flow to the tune of 320cfm at the lift he has (he didn't message me specifics), victor junior just ported to head size, studded heads, pro-systems custom carb. 11.5:1 compression. It run's on pump, but because of the age of the motor, we drained the pump and put C16 in there for the spray passes. The plate is pretty much maxed out because of solenoid, realistically its probably ~a 275 shot We are getting into the "Hot #5 cylinder" territory.. and have to cater the tune to that one hole. The last pass lucky the bottle ran dry. gonna need to cut timing to like 14* total next time out. Wouldn't hurt to get an actual decent plate/fogger though, lol. Not to mention LVD isn't the best track to get personal bests on. We figure at Atco with the tune squared away this car just might squeak a 8.99 out of it, if the motor holds together. Suspension is barbaric at best.. literally 90/10 shocks, 50/50 non adjustable rears, aftermarket (forget brand) non adjustable upper/lower control arms, and a freaking auburn diff with 28 c-clip axles.. it's amazing the car 1.30's on that with a little 10.5 tire. The front end has suspension limiters though, so thats why it left like it did the 2nd run. It would of either left like an animal, or blew the tires off.

Yup, it's a roll bar.. Too be legal, it would need a 8.50 cert cage, window net, chute, etc.. etc... I guess we'll try our luck at a different track, lol.

Yup, 10.0 roll bar in it. Definitely an unsuspecting car, even with the stats out on paper! It goes alright on motor too! It runs 11.1-11.2@122-123mph range!

That's badass man, always kills me when folks say you need to LS swap these cars to go fast when a well built sbf gets the job done!

Users who are viewing this thread