NASA VIR open...feb 21th

BlackStripes

Established Member
:banana::banana:

https://secure.drivenasa.com/event/829

I can't believe it... it's been sooo long since my last event and now i have to count the days until Feb 20th!! ...

I wonder how my RT615's are going to perform... almost 3 years old and about 500 miles in the last 10 months :D :D

I hope to see some of you guys down there! :beer:

wheelhopper

Established Member
Last year I was at VIR in March with a bunch of fellow OT friends. I drove down in 75 degree, sunny, weather on Friday. Saturday and Sunday, was 40 degrees and rainy. It sucked. I am not going to do another Mid-Atlantic outing untill end of March from now on.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Hector, I'd say 3 year old RT615's, 30 degree weather, and your 600+ HP should be just the right combination for a thrilling time! :banana: :poke:

But I think my first of the year will be NASA-SE Road Atlanta.

BlackStripes

Established Member
I didn't go during 2008, but i've been there 3 years in row before that in Feb., and as far as i remember was only 1 sunday that we had pretty bad time... otherwise high 40's and clear... and yeah RT615's .. 1 year, 2 year or (now) 3 years old.. is a lot of fun with 500rwhp+ ;) but i have to say that those tires have really impressed me!!

Besides, one of the things I really like about Feb, is that you can drive so much faster in March !! ... 2 events at the same track not even 1 month apart... REALLY helps! specially if is the first one of the year! :)

hmmm.. RA? when?? The only issue is that i would need to take 2 days off... but doable ;)

Last edited:

dragon40k

Established Member
I'm thinking about trying to make the NASA VIR at the end of March. I heard you guys talk about the horrible weather last year that you had.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
I'ts always hit & miss then. It was beautiful on Friday when we arrived, and dropped 30 degrees and started a cold drizzle/rain all weekend. We were just 2 days late is all. :bash:

wheelhopper

Established Member
Glad to see that you are still in for RA Greg. I am saving my VIR trip for the SCMC club in June. They do a 3 day event for $450.00. And you get 100 minutes of driving a day. That is some serious track time.

Hector, I don't believe we have met, though I have seen you driving at the track. You should skip the March VIR event and do the RA event with me and Greg. Definitely warmer weather in Georgia that time of year.

BlackStripes

Established Member
Well...i usually follow MA-NASA events... but maybe is time for a change :) .. .specially since NASA added one more event at VIR.

Is SCMC a mustang club? I've never done an event organized by a Mustang club, would be awesome to get to play with a lot of stangs!

About RA, i would need to think about it... i drive my car to the events.. well, i have driven to Atlanta several times :)

Damn, i need to talk to my boss... i will need a lot of days off!!! ;)

wheelhopper

Established Member
SCMC is SVT Cobra Mustang Club. When I did this event there was 3-4 '00Rs, a '95R, several GT500s, Terminators, a couple Ford GTs, and about any other Ford product you could think of. If you get tired of chasing Fords There was several new Z06s to play with as well.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Hector, you should also set aside May 2-3 for SVTOA's On Track at Summit Shenandoah.
Most of us usually go, Brian runs a great event, and more Mustangs than you can shake a stick at ( whatever that means :shrug: ).

BlackStripes

Established Member
I will try.. you know i've never tracked at Shenandoah's... but I always said that i would take my supercharged miata to that track... but it doesn't have a roll bar yet. We will see :)

BlackStripes

Established Member
I just looked at all SMC events and seems like they are going to VIR several times this coming year. So... are you guys going to the one in May 29-31st, right? It's going to be Full friday and north course sat and sunday! :-D

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Truth be told, I'm having to modify my '09 plans because of the economy tanking.
I have a couple of events I plan to make (I hope), but the rest will depend on how my finances survive what's going on at work right now. :(

BlackStripes

Established Member
hehe... yeah, usually happens :) .... probably after the second session this time.. my car is going to be totally different and i need to get use to it.

Of course there is always the GT3 or C6Z06 with slicks with a driver with 10 years of experience in VIR that's kicking everyone elses butt (including mine :) ).

Users who are viewing this thread