NASA @ HMS, vid and some discussion

Sirl

Established Member
Hey gang,
A little "winter warmup" for some of you :)
Ran with NASA this weekend at Homestead. Could only do one day, but had a great time. No incidents (that I'm aware of) perfect weather, car ran great.
Got my check ride and accepted as an instructor as well! :banana: Happy about that.

I'll post a vid at the end.

A comment or two...
My car, motor wise, is nearly stock, with headers, intake, diablo tune.
260/300 with 3.73 gears.

We got to use the high bank, turns 3-4, which is real fun, but my gearing is not so goof for it. You'll see, first I try downshifting to 4th, and then just holding 5th. I guess DS'ing to 4th would be the faster way. I was a little uneasy downshifting on the bank, but, it was no big deal.

Secondly, used my HANS for the first time. Once its on, you dont even know its there. Good investment.

On to the vid...

HMS with NASA 1-5-13 - YouTube
Damn ads... the video is NOT monetized, but I cant figure out how to get rid of the ad. Guess you cant??

Last edited:

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
You really only notice a HANS in the pits, turning your head to avoid all the other's rushing to 3rd call. LOL
Good show. :thumbsup:

LilRoush

M112'd Roush x2
Established Member
Thanks for posting the video, Mitch. I soooo wish I had been able to come out. Had family show up from out of town at the last minute. :(

HMS is such a fun track. I love it. I feel you on the big bank curve and trying to figure out what gear to use. I feel like I'm in the wrong one no matter what I do.

Users who are viewing this thread