narrowing rear for alcoa's

sftdyna

Established Member
Has anyone considered this yet? I just got off the phone with foz at moser and the total price to narrow the rear and supply me with there best axle inc shipping was under a grand! I would take out the rear remove the internals except for the pinion and send it UPS ground. For this kind of money not only are you getting your alcoa wheels where they need to be but your also getting better axles! Am i missing something here? i must be because this seems to be the best setup.

Myfast70

Established Member
Nothing wrong with doing that but you will not be able to put the stock offset wheels back on without spacers. How far are you talking about narrowing the rear to tuck them in?

sftdyna

Established Member
Nothing wrong with doing that but you will not be able to put the stock offset wheels back on without spacers. How far are you talking about narrowing the rear to tuck them in?

Ive been told about half inch on each side will put them were they need to be with plenty room for 305 35 20 tires.

andymarkv

Established Member
Steve at True Forged can get you half that distance on your Alcoas themselves, if that's enough?

For anyone else with Alcoas who are interested in having your offset changed we can do it for $100 per wheel plus shipping. we can bring them in about .2 - .25"

Last edited:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
you know, ive got a set of used alcoas sitting here. i finally did some measuring on them and the backspacing on the rears is pretty spot on. the only issue is running a fat tire. the sidewall bulge is what rubs. i had that happen on my own wheels when i ran a 20x10 with 305s. same thing with 20x11, no rub. the bulge makes all the difference in the world.

so if you have the alcoas widened to 11 or 11.5 and run a 305, you should be fine. especially if you're not that low. MY car has the eibach sportline which is low. so that was an issue for me.

if you want to run 315s, then you should brind the wheel in some.

yes, we can shave the rear pads on the wheels for you by at least .20". at $100 per wheel, plus shipping back and forth, it would still be cheaper than buying a new axle and having it installed. you could do all four ALL four, with shipping and still save $ lol.

sftdyna

Established Member
I guess i need to see a car that has been widened to 11 up close because every car ive seen in pictures look different. I don't want to have to pull the tire in where it looks odd and i definitely don't want to touch the bump stops! not that its a big deal im just looking to go with 305"s so i figured narrowing and a 10 inch would solve all issues associated with the alcoa's. Im not sure if .20 will make a noticeable difference! It would be great if we had a donor wheel to experiment with.

Users who are viewing this thread