narrowband to wideband

so9956

Established Member
i tried searching for this but came up short, if anyone knows it there has been a thread about feel free to post it up. Is there any way to make a narrowband a/f a wideband? the reason i ask is because i want to get the autometer lunar a/f so it will match stock but they don't make a lunar wideband. is there some kind of wire kit that can be attatched to make it read as a wideband? if not im just planning on going with the aeroforce wideband. any suggestions?

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
I have the same gauges as you.

Even if you switched out the sensors, there is no digital readout on the lunar gauges to show the actual A/F ratio. So it can not be done.

Sorry your like me and stuck with a nice light show and that's about it.

Bootbox

Established Member
I don't know man gauges aren't about looking pretty when you drive a real-deal high performance vehicle, save that for the kiddies in the Honduhs.

Get a wideband and take care of that truck, make sure it stays healthy, don't worry if it matches.

bda1855

Member of the Boosted16
Established Member
You can modify the narrow band gauge to read the upper range of the O2 sensor voltage... this gives you proper AF readings at WOT only....

it doesnt have a digital number displayed but it makes teh LED stay at whatever the reading is instead of the light show...

03stx

Established Member
I have a modified narrowband from gadgetsellers and it flickers while driving but when I do WOT it swings up and pegs a constant a/f reading. I havn't had a chance to get to the dyno and see how accurate it is.

bda1855

Member of the Boosted16
Established Member
03stx said:
I have a modified narrowband from gadgetsellers and it flickers while driving but when I do WOT it swings up and pegs a constant a/f reading. I havn't had a chance to get to the dyno and see how accurate it is.

i have the same gauge... the flickering is minimal... but its not like the damn light show on a normal AF gauge..

ducman996

Established Member
I think my AEM wideband with the wite face and silver bezzel looks decent with the stock guages and my autometer boost guage. It only lights up the digital# at night and the LED. The boost guage has the green light filter thingy in it so it matches the guages prety well too. They dont match perfect but look good enough for 99% of the people that would see it.

so9956

Established Member
thanks for the input, im just gonna go with a wideband from aeroforce, they make one for the lightning with a green interface, it doesn't match stock, but oh well

Users who are viewing this thread