Narnia

sawman70

Something Witty!
Established Member
Took the family to see Narnia Sunday and must say the whole clan enjoyed it.

I recall the animated movie when I was a kid and this one really fired up the old memories and imagination. It is a strange experience to share things with my kids that I enjoyed when I was their age.

They did a good job with it.

Last edited:

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
sawman70 said:
Took the family to see Narnia Sunday and must say the whole clan enjoyed it.

I recall the animated movie when I was a kid and this one really fired up the old memories and imagination. It is a strange experience to share things with my kids that I enjoyed when I was their age.

They did a good job with it.

I also saw it this weekend. Like you said, it brought back a lot of memories. When I was about 6 or 7 my dad used to read the books to me. It was a GREAT movie. Very entertaining. Go see it!

sawman70

Something Witty!
Established Member
I don't have the opportunity to see many movies having three kids, but man I love it when they make good movies we all can see.

They want to see Kong next. I was gonna skip it knowing the ending and all, but damn the previews look good and my kids haven't seen it. So I guess that is settled.

Narnia is definately worth the change though. Good movie.

Coiled03

Established Member
Saw it over the weekend......it was alright. I must say, I don't understand why everyone was raving over the digital animations of the animals. I wasn't really impressed, considering you could easily tell they were CGI. But I'm probably too picky about that kind of thing. I wouldn't tell anyone not to see it because of that.

nodaksvt

ehhh?
Established Member
It was an excellent movie. I actually found myself getting pulled into the story. I couldnt stop wondering where they found that unicorn at. I thought they were extinct!?

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
Stealthracer68 said:
did you guys know that CS lewis wrote the story as a really big metaphor for christianity?

Not when i was little....but yeah, it was a WEE-bit obvious :lol:

nodaksvt

ehhh?
Established Member
Stealthracer68 said:
did you guys know that CS lewis wrote the story as a really big metaphor for christianity?

I didnt know that, but you could see it incorporated into it.

Thomas Morgan

Established Member
great movie, saw it midnight on thursday. i liked it a ton better than the old british version. I sure hope they make the rest of them.

His Grace

Genesis 1:31
Established Member
CS lewis was an atheist converted to Christianity, so was his wife after she read a few of his books.

Movie was great, a great depiction of the love between friends and the sacrifice that takes place.

The best part was when the Witch asked the King how she new for sure that he would keep his promise, he looked at her and "GRRRROOOWWWWWWWWL", everyone shook in fear.

Oh, and of coarse when he was raised from the dead because death could have no hold on him.

FIVELITERS

Silly Bastid
Established Member
Oh heck yes, this was an excellent film in all areas of entertainment, i thoroughly enjoyed it from top to bottom. And personally i would recommend anybody from tot to old timer to check this one out for garaunteed enjoyment EVEN if youve never heard of the book before.

My favorite part that really grabbed hold of my soul was when the two armies were rushing at each other, especially Narnia's army with the unicorn and the cheetahs running and the loud dramatic music. :thumbsup:

Originally Posted by Coiled03
Saw it over the weekend.over .....it was alright. I must say, I don't understand why everyone was raving the digital animations of the animals. I wasn't really impressed, considering you could easily tell they were CGI. But I'm probably too picky about that kind of thing. I wouldn't tell anyone not to see it because of that.

Personally i thought the CGI was excellent, especially since not only was it gorgeous looking, but the purpose wasnt to make it look as real as they could but rather to invoke a fairytale feeling.

I loved the griffins. :whine:

sawman70

Something Witty!
Established Member
I have not read any more of the books but found myself wanting more.

Especially an answer to the question I asked myself "what the hell, they just left, where does everyone in Narnia think they went."

My wife thinks this is answered in the next book or books?? If anyone knows, let me know. I may have to read them to finish off the story.

His Grace

Genesis 1:31
Established Member
FIVELITERS said:
My favorite part that really grabbed hold of my soul was when the two armies were rushing at each other, especially Narnia's army with the unicorn and the cheetahs running and the loud dramatic music. :thumbsup:

That was awesome, those cheetahs were all out, I was wanting to run up and down the movie isles and start tackling people.

I really liked the part with the rhino and horseman go to protect the king, that freakin rhino brought the pain.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Read the books a looong time ago but never saw the animated movie.

The previews for this new one look good.

But why do all the characters have British accents? Do they think it sounds cooler?

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
NyteByte said:
Read the books a looong time ago but never saw the animated movie.

The previews for this new one look good.

But why do all the characters have British accents? Do they think it sounds cooler?

It was probably set in Britain. Not all of the animals had the accents, just the children. The very first of the movie starts with the German Luftwaffe Blitzkrieging the hell out of London. That's why the kids were sent away to keep them safe.

Users who are viewing this thread