Name that Harley exhaust

Superman750

Part-Timer
Established Member
So, my awesome wife just surprised me that she is buying me a bike. :dancenana: Unfortunately, I wont get to lay my hands on it until Christmas. I am just curious as to what exhaust this is so I can get an idea of what it sounds like. I know that it is an open exhaust and that it has a baffle, so I am thinking that it is a production exhaust as opposed to a custom one. Thanks guys.

07NIGHTROD_20.gif

07NIGHTROD_18.gif

Orange Dreamer

Established Member
The picture is a little dark and I don't have access to the website I want, but it looks like it could be one of the Toxic Exhausts. Check them out. V-rod's are the best bikes out there!:dancenana:

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
it will make for a great toy. He loves it, doesn't have a car currently, so the bike has to do. He hasn't had too many issues with it.

Harleyvrod54

Established Member
I have a 09 Night Rod with the Vance and Hines Competition exhaust, has great sound! There kind of pricey but worth it in my book. these bikes are amazing! enjoy it :beer:

Superman750

Part-Timer
Established Member
Motorman and Planter, the same could be said for just about any Cobra (much less any other car) that runs without cats. That is the reason I won't be running open pipes. I will be putting the baffle in when I get it.

- Daniel

amigrad06

SVT Noob!
Established Member
make sure it has a race tuner or some sort of Harley download for the fuel curve. I had a VRSCR Street rod with shorter pipes, and a K&N filter and those two things made it run lean.

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
I'll name every exhaust for a Harley. Too ****ing loud.

i'll name it...

OBNOXIOUS

^This^

Maybe if jackasses would learn to pay attention while driving, people would use quieter pipes.

LOUD PIPES save lives.

No, the truth is most Harley guys are insecure attention whores. I think that South Park episode painted the picture pretty clear. Let me sit in my car at a traffic light and rev the piss out of it so everyone looks at me!!! YAY! Even better, I should get a 13 second car, run open headers and beat the piss out of it every single second I drive it! Wait, I need to get some really shitty tattoos too!!! Then I'll look SOOOOO cool. :rollseyes

The whole "loud pipes saves lives" line has to be the biggest bunch of bullshit I have every heard. If anything those obnoxious pieces of shit distract people.

There is NO need whatsoever for something to be as loud as most Harleys.

No offense to the OPer, the bike is sharp. Stay safe on that thing!

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
Nice looking ride. Pretty sure they're not stock pipes, which is usually the first thing to go. I've been though several different exhausts and have settled on Vance & Hines for the last couple of years. Keep the rubber side down.

Users who are viewing this thread