N2O question???

JASPERSVT

BOOST, my anti drug.
Established Member
My buddy has a 04 gt, it has the BASIC bolt ons. He is spraying a 150 shot with no tune. I think that's way to much for the car, even with a tune. Please help me save his car.
If you owned a 2v how much would you spray. And how much would be to much.

Edit-- he is running 87octane, he also has a canned tune from sct but it is for the boltons not the n2o.

Last edited:

yellow03cobra

Established Member
without octane or timing retard, he will have a blown motor, on top of that I don't know what the internals can handle.

spike_africa

Established Member
I have been on a 125hit for 5 years now. Most of which was untuned. These cars have no timing in them in stock form. Though even I would not do a 150hit without a tune. And guys do rock 150hits on stock 2v motors. I use my 150 pills from time to time as well. Its all in the tune, and how you use it.

Be ready for the little girls to cry and say 100shot is max you can do. Even with basic bolt on's and a 150 hit he is only pushing in the 390rwhp rang with no tune and I'm assuming no long tube headers.

D's01Snake

Motor City Muscle
Established Member
i bet that sumabitch hits hard. My bro (Mean Green GT) popped his on a 150 with a tune but the car ran hard up until then.

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
Only problem i see is the 87octane...he's squeaking by. I'd probably spray 150 as well just b/c I like it. :)

F8L BYT

Established Member
A friend of mine had 150 on his 00gt without a tune for about 2 years tops and if finally spun a rod but he also ran 93oct... Your friends car is a ticking time bomb on 87 and no tune. I don't think 150 shot is bad but no tune and 87 is a bad combo. For a 150 shot i think he needs about 2 degrees of timing pulled

Users who are viewing this thread