n2o on 01 blown cobra

01cobrakid

Got DoHc?
Established Member
I am bored at work and thought i would ask this question:
Would it be ok to run a small shot of n20(like 50 maybe even smaller if they have it) on a vorteched 01 cobra with stock motor. Just something to cool the intake charge for those hot days at the track. Would it be wise or no? Would i be better off just bumping up the boost? How much does a n20 kit cost fully installed, all accesories, gauges, tuning, whatevers neccesary to make it work properly. Bottle heater or no? wet? dry?
I know pretty much nothing about nitrous if anybody could point me in the right direction with info i would be greatly appreciative/d!
It would be nice to have just in case, and to cool the charge!

Mike:burnout:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
From what i have learned thus far about Nitrous, Nitrous it self is vary safe. Whats not safe is when folks try & get all crazy with making power.

Tunes, Tunes & Tunes is really important for the life of the engine.

I bought the Nitrous Express Kit for under 600bucks. Going to install it my self, since im very confident in doing so.

You should feel 100% confident in doing a job or dont chance it at all. U can pay a good High Performance Shop that have exp. with it but the Pro's doing it would be a safe bet.

Nitrous Express Kit's have received so many great comments from alot of folks who run N/A cars. There system is very well done.

Trust me im no PRO but that's what ive learned thus far is that u must feel confirtable in doing a job 1st. I'll know in 2 weeks what the results are on the install & post a thread on it then. :D

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
I'd steer clear on the 96-01's with SC's unless you have forged the bottom end and lowered the compression a touch. Also on the centrifical units you'd have to spray it after the SC to prevent cracking the case. They generate alot of heat and squirting a 300 below 0 liquid onto that can crack it. The Eatons/KBs are built alot beefier.
Stock compression on the 96-01's is 9.85:1 When you factor in the 8PSI from the SC, the dynamic compression goes up to around 15:1. Nitrous does well with compression, but when it is that high you'd have to have it tuned with a flip chip. One side for normal SC operation and the other for N2O, just to keep the fuel and timing safe. If your compression is lower, then it wouldn't be bad in small shots.

Last edited:

01cobrakid

Got DoHc?
Established Member
thanks poisonus and great white alot of REALLY good information Keep it coming im trying to learn here!

hows the quiting smoking going poisonus?

Mike

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
01CobraKid....id listen 1st to GR8WHITE.... ;-)
I think he is like 100yrs old cause u cant have that much great info in a short amount of time in life :D , but really he knows what he is talking about.

Now seriously. If u plan on running both...re-work the motor a bit for stronger units.

I remember MM&FF had 1 sweet bad A$$ Yellow Cobra 98 with a Frogger System by NOS & ran low 12's on the 1/4....he didnt need the S/C. Some folks are able to get into the 11's via Naturally Asperated motors.

Why not try the tracks 1st & start upgrading from there :shrug: Unless u already been to the track?

My bad was i should of seen how fast i can run the 1/4 before i changed any thing on my car. Now the TQ is to high for me i havent re-learned how to launch yet.....would of been sweet if id seen the numbers on paper before i started modding :(

Best thing about Nitrous is that you dont run it all the time...unlike S/C. So Driveability is not much of an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread