N2MB WOT BOX

manny231988

Established Member
I know this thread is old but was searching for wot box and found this thread on the search and was wondering what dowel pins are being talked about, info would hel please as I’m wanting to install a box in my car

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
2011-2014 Aluminum blocks feature 6mm screw in studs for the primary chain tensioners. these are known to be a very weak link when trying to use the 2 step launch controller. Additionally the crank gear, oil pump gears, secondary gears and chains are not that strong for 2-step use either. All must be upgraded including the dowel pins. This requires purchase of 8mm pins from a company like Accufab and having a machine shop drill and tap the existing holes for the bigger pins.

Cobra Engineering has a plate that can be bolted to teh front of a disassembled block and drill and tap your own. Unless you are mechanically inclined, have this done when you are having your short/long blocks built.

Its the violence of low speed stop/start on a timing system that will break these engines during a 2 step launch. WOT shifting with the WOT Box is ok as its a full ignition cut to the car and power comes back similarly to you getting off the gas, making the shift and getting back in it.

For you 13-14 guys, use the factory launch control for launching and the WOT Box for shifting.

Users who are viewing this thread