N2MB WOT Box on the cobra

Wonder

Established Member
So I recently installed a wot box to get the no lift shift feature and also to do the 2 step for digs. I tried to look for the best way to set it up but still can’t really seem to figure out the best settings to have it at. Does any one with it have a recommendation to what to set it to? And also is having a wot box bad for the car?

LS WUT

Established Member
There are a couple of videos on YouTube. Andrew from mustang lifestyle did a video on it ages ago I believe. I had one on my redfire but I didn’t install it. From what I hear it’s not good to 2 step it all the time. It messes with something internally I think?

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
There are a couple of videos on YouTube. Andrew from mustang lifestyle did a video on it ages ago I believe. I had one on my redfire but I didn’t install it. From what I hear it’s not good to 2 step it all the time. It messes with something internally I think?
Causes Whip/jerk… ie the sudden stop, change in directional forces… wreaks havoc on oil pump gears etc…some coyote guys running wot boxes and 2steps etc learned the hardway…

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
I bought one and never installed it. I won’t either. I don’t like the splicing of wires and all that. Plus…what the hell am I going to use it for. I street drive my car once a week…

cbehr

Established Member
I have one too and have yet to install, read about issues it can cause w/ timing components as well. I would still like to install for the no lift shift feature. I saw a YT video of how violently the engine shakes while bouncing revs.

bullitt2735

Established Member
haven't posted in the terminator section in awhile since I sold my terminator a few years ago but I loved the WOT box, especially for the no lift shift. (way easier on the drivetrain vs powershifting the oldschool way destroying your syncros) I used it every time I drove my cobra. Super easy install and worked great. I rarely used the 2 step feature, and when I did I only would be one it for a half second or so as it is very hard on the timing changes

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
If you’re going to power shift your car do it the old school way and man those pedals. I have an MSD 2 step just for the launch.
Have you had good luck with yours? I have one but within a year the car had a horrible idle, unhooked the 2 step, idle went back to normal. Maybe I got a bad box.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
I liked the concept of spark based rev limit if you miss. Depending on how you set up WOT works well plus fun fireworks. 2 step and mentioned above not a fan, maybe limited use, used it twice, disabled it.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Have you had good luck with yours? I have one but within a year the car had a horrible idle, unhooked the 2 step, idle went back to normal. Maybe I got a bad box.
Yep really no issues. By far the best thing for the track

Users who are viewing this thread