N2MB WOT BOX - No Lift Shift - Bucking and clutch smell

lshin037

Established Member
Just installed the WOT Box and set the no lift shift to 175ms. When shifting, the car will buck and I smell burnt clutch. Is any of this normal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2003mach1

Established Member
It could just be how you're driving it. I put one on for a customer and when I drove it, it seemed like the quicker I kicked the clutch the better it worked. I had it on 175ms also but I believe with some practice it would work with less (150 or so).

lshin037

Established Member
Emailed Jon and he advised me to put it on auto and give it a try. I put 175 per recommendations in this forum but I'm guessing they're experienced...unlike myself

lshin037

Established Member
How was the install? I just ordered one yesterday. A little nervous cutting up the harness.

Wasn't too bad. The hardest part was splicing the wires to the PCM connectors and the ignition wire under the fuse box. The wires on my car didn't have a lot of slack so I had to solder in a tight space. Everything else was simple.

lshin037

Established Member
So...
I guess I'm a REALLY slow shifter. Set to Auto and it's working now. Love the thumping sound with each shift!! I'm doing my best to shift fast but I guess it ain't fast enough. How the hell are some people shifting so fast that the 175 setting is working for them????

lshin037

Established Member
I'll probably stay in Auto the whole time. Don't think I can go any faster

Users who are viewing this thread