N2MB WOT box install??

vetteeatinsnake

First or last baby!
Established Member
Found the write up and am having second thoughts about it. Guess I should've done more research before buying it, but I assumed it was just a plug and play kinda thing. Anyone have any experience with installing it? Seems complicated as hell, and if I had a problem with it there would be no easy fix. And if I ever wanted to remove it I would have to hack up a bunch of wires again.

w3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Established Member
Its really the only way to safely have a rev limiter in these cars though. I know that fuel gets cut with most rev limiters and this is the only way to cut spark instead while having a WOT box and 2 step in one. MSD only sells a 2 step but I feel the WOT box is the most valuable part of the set up!

I havent installed mine yet but to me its either mess with some wiring or run the risk of blowing a motor up quick. I dont ever think mine will come off once it goes on...

Last edited:

vetteeatinsnake

First or last baby!
Established Member
Yea I'm not so worried about ever taking mine off. That was just kind of a what if. But I'm not really that competent when it comes to wiring and all the mustang shops around here have never even heard of the wot box. I won't be installing mine til after Christmas and I may be spraying the car so I'll have to wait til I can get the window switch upgrade as well. If you install yours soon, let me know how it goes!

w3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Established Member
Yea I'm not so worried about ever taking mine off. That was just kind of a what if. But I'm not really that competent when it comes to wiring and all the mustang shops around here have never even heard of the wot box. I won't be installing mine til after Christmas and I may be spraying the car so I'll have to wait til I can get the window switch upgrade as well. If you install yours soon, let me know how it goes!

Mine will be after Christmas as well but Im going to be soldering mine and everything. I'm going to just take it slow and try to make it look as clean as i can under there!

ctgreddy

Established Member
this is a very easy install man. the n2mb site has detailed instructions, saying exactly which wires to tap into, and there's only 5 or 6 wires you need to mess with. if you dont feel competent doing that then take it somewhere. it's a great piece and well worth it, and should only take all of an hour to install.

MWoods26

Established Member
I just got mine in the mail this week. Im mounting mine in the glove box. where is everybody getting through the firewall on the pass side at for the red/black wire? I would like it to come out in the same spot as the factory yellow boost line but looks imposible to get to from inside.

'88347coupe

just a good ol boy
Established Member
My car came with one, but I havent messed with it yet. I did look through the instructions, and it looks ti be very simle to install with detailed color pictures and all.

10sec89

Established Member
just got mine in the mail this week. Im mounting mine in the glove box. where is everybody getting through the firewall on the pass side at for the red/black wire? I would like it to come out in the same spot as the factory yellow boost line but looks imposible to get to from inside.

Remove the passenger front wheel and inner fender liner. You will see where wiring comes through, I pushed a metal coat hanger through, (it came out right by the computer) taped the wot box wires to the hanger and pulled them through. I then wrapped them and zip tied to the factory harness entering the engine bay. It took longer to run the wire cleanly than to actually hook up. I love mine!

Users who are viewing this thread