N20......dual stage or progressive?

ClOckwOrk

Established Member
Ford contour SVT......154k miles.....100 shot single stage currently. has supporting mods. runs VERY strong and loves the 100 shot. this summer i plan on getting another stage for it, and a rebuilt motor (low mileage pistons). i want to put two 75 shots on it.....or go progressive. either way i want 150 total (yes, on a 2.5L with cast pistons......just to prove i can do it, lol) now im wondering should i do progressive or dual stage? im afraid of progressive because i have been told the controllers work by pulsing the solenoids which is bad for them?? ive heard of people having them stick open and having bad things happen..... what do you guys suggest?

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
I have a progressive setup on my car. Its the NX mini dual stage controller. Its pretty badass if you use spray alot. You can set it to make the n20 do whatever you want and the thing really does work like it says. Its got a window switch built in and a remote with led display you mount inside the car. You must have a quality solenoid to handle it. I burnt up an NX Mainline fuel solenoid about a week after I put on the progressive controller. It was sticking the solenoid open after I let off the gas. Good thing it wasnt the n20 sticking. I bought new NX Lightning solenoids and its worked great ever since though I havent used it since I put the blower on. Id say go with dual stage and add this controller. You could go full hit on the first stage and progressive to the second. Or the other way around. But from a reliablity standpoint, I would go with a straight up dual stage if you want to be 100% sure that you wont have any issues.

Last edited:

stangluver

Its good to be blown
Established Member
LS1Killer said:
I have a progressive setup on my car. Its the NX mini dual stage controller. Its pretty badass if you use spray alot. You can set it to make the n20 do whatever you want and the thing really does work like it says. Its got a window switch built in and a remote with led display you mount inside the car. You must have a quality solenoid to handle it. I burnt up an NX Mainline fuel solenoid about a week after I put on the progressive controller. It was sticking the solenoid open after I let off the gas. Good thing it wasnt the n20 sticking. I bought new NX Lightning solenoids and its worked great ever since though I havent used it since I put the blower on. Id say go with dual stage and add this controller. You could go full hit on the first stage and progressive to the second. Or the other way around. But from a reliablity standpoint, I would go with a straight up dual stage if you want to be 100% sure that you wont have any issues.
Perfect sum-up. Dual stages run the system the way they are programmed to run. If the nitrous winds up sticking open....:eek: .

Users who are viewing this thread