N/A Saleen S281 vs Roush Stage 3

Nemesis S281

Established Member
So this is between my 06 Saleen and a 09 Roush S3. I get called out to race him at the local strip, I'm third generation dont give a fuuck so I agree. In my mind and his, Ive already lost, I just want to do good enough to shut him up so we meet there.
1st go- We stage, he keeps deep staging, tree starts lighting down while he's in reverse trying to line back up, green light, hes not ready. I dont take off since I knew Id never hear the end of it, I wait for him to go then I chase after him. Holy shit, he's not pulling away from me! So now I'm just happy I kept up with him.

2nd go- This time, we both line up, stage, take off at the same time. End of 1st gear, Im ahead by a car, second comes, hes still back there, third, Im pulling a bit more... End of the track and I'm ahead by at least two cars.
At this point, I'm pretty damn happy, he's fuming saying "Thats bull $hit! Your car isnt supposed to be that fast!" I tell him we can run again, he doesnt want to, we go home. Hahahaha
My mods- C&L cai, bassani h pipe, stock Saleen ud pullies, exhaust, suspension, sct custom 93 tune and 555r Dr's.
His mods-09 bone stock Roush S3
I have vids of both races, Ill need to find the cd.

Shortly after that, he trades the car in for a Challenger SRT8 Auto, my wife had a Charger SRT8 which I could beat by about a car length. He finds out and has yet to run me in the Challenger...

Nemesis S281

Established Member
I'm now working on getting the rest of my supporting mods for the 76mm bb turbo kit I have. All I need now is the gauges, pod, cmdp, and tune. I am looking for @ 480whp at 8-10#. He really hates losing so I doubt he'll want to race me. He won't even race my brothers 2010 Camaro SS, evenrhough he claims to smoke new Camaros and 5.0s, Ill try to bait him one day...

black03kbcobra

Flawless Victory!
Established Member
Sounds like your car runs good. What were the times and mph on your guys' runs? Would think his trap speed would be a little bit higher than yours with him being SC'd. Was he still he still on factory tires?

gearhead08

Established Member
Damn I wouldn't of traded a roush for the SRT8 he just needed to throw a few mods on it. Anyways long story short sounds like a guy with more money then skills. You obviously knew what mods you needed to beat him which would be TIRES! Good kill I love shutting cocky people up.

Nemesis S281

Established Member
He was still on stock tires, bone stock. He didn't know anything about his car either, I have 3.73 gears, he didn't know how much boost or what gears he had. As far as times, I trapped at 106 and he did at 109. E.t.s I can't remember exactly but we were 4 tenths difference. I ran 13.2 a few months before still on the stock clutch, stock Saleen tune. I now have a McLeod RST clutch and a tune. Im sure that with better tires and the driver mod the RS3 would have beat me, I'll take it though, hahaha. Ill try to post the video. He took a huge hit on the Roush when he traded it in, and didnt really get a good deal on the Mopar. I can't wait to have the turbo in and find him on the freeway...

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Man, he must really not know what he is doing with that car.

13.2 with minor mods is not a bad time at all.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Difference between bench racing and ACTUALLY racing..Traded it in?..traded an S/C car for a heavy SRT-8...sad really

Nemesis S281

Established Member
Thanks guys, I couldnt believe he traded it in either. I work with him and told him what upgrades he could do starting with tires, said he wasnt spending that much on tires... So thats the end result. He brags about smoking the tires on the srt, I tell him he needs better tires, he doesnt get it.

Users who are viewing this thread