N/A gurus, what would it take to get my new mustang to 480-500 rwhp no power adders?

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Im considering boost for my new Gt/Cs premium, but by the time you add up the cost for the blower and all its supporting mods your looking at spending $15k. If i go n/a the cost would be $6k. Stage 2 or 3 cams cobra jet intake messaged with the big throttle body bigger injectors, American racing headers with full 3 inch exhaust...and a rev auto dyno tune...think i can get there on pump gas with octane booster. What do you guys think.

Last edited:

dynasty_365

Established Member
Tune, intake, gt350 or cobra jet intake manifold, throttle body. Full exhaust. Can do some porting as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zemedici

Established Member
GT350 Intake / TB
Longtubes
Custom Grind Cam
Injectors

Bet you're right there. Hell we made 450whp with a GT350 Intake/LT car last week.

thehunterooo

Established Member
I plan to do a similar build, cams, 350 manifold and bolt ons as has been said should make it there. Thankfully I have access to E85 too :banana: :pepper:

myke hunt

Feugo
Established Member
$15K wth are you looking at lol

$5450 to run 10.5@133 is what I paid....

GT350 is a waste of $$$

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
$15K wth are you looking at lol

$5450 to run 10.5@133 is what I paid....

GT350 is a waste of $$$

that's what i'm talking about, why should i spend all that money to get the same result. my last car i dropped $25k to get it where i wanted it ...not gonna do it again...

Tell me what you did to get there!

myke hunt

Feugo
Established Member
I went to a vendor and put them in a bidding war.

I paid $5,185 for my Paxton 2200SL shipped in black with ID1000's and no BAP
I then sourced a BAP for $150 locally so that puts me at actually $5,335
Then I paid $100 for two 275/40/17 NT05R's on CL and put them on my spare rims
Ran 10.5@133 with pump gas on a cool night.

Car had an axleback on it already but everything else was bone stock.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
I went to a vendor and put them in a bidding war.

I paid $5,185 for my Paxton 2200SL shipped in black with ID1000's and no BAP
I then sourced a BAP for $150 locally so that puts me at actually $5,335
Then I paid $100 for two 275/40/17 NT05R's on CL and put them on my spare rims
Ran 10.5@133 with pump gas on a cool night.

Car had an axleback on it already but everything else was bone stock.

My 12 has a paxton set up with torque booster its sold now. i know theyre cheap...im talking about a na build and running low 11's and high tens i was gonna do the new whipple but after my last build i dont want to spend the money.

Last edited:

myke hunt

Feugo
Established Member
My 12 has a paxton set up with torque booster its sold now. i know theyre cheap...im talking about a na build and running low 11's and high tens i was gonna do the new whipple but after my last build i dont want to spend the money.

"Im considering boost for my new Gt/Cs premium, but by the time you add up the cost for the blower and all its supporting mods your looking at spending $15k"

It does not take 15K is what I was referring too. About 30% of that. You will spend more than that on an NA build to go slower

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Your assuming want to go cheap with a paxton... Ive been there done that dont want the same thing again on the new car. If i go boost I'm going big with a whipple s550 it costs $10k completely configured long tubes with full exhaust (american racing) $2500 install and tune another $2500= 15k and we havent even talked about suspension!

PC03GT

Established Member
There are a haldful N/A car's running around with those mods, if I were you I would ride in one first before you decide to go N/A or boosted.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
There are a haldful N/A car's running around with those mods, if I were you I would ride in one first before you decide to go N/A or boosted.

Dasan at rev auto is putting together a whipple quote for me as we speak, i worked with Adam on my 2012 paxton. I Will see what that comes out to be but i can tell you I'm leaning towards cams longtubes headers and cobra jet intake with bigger injectors.

PC03GT

Established Member
My buddy has a 13, stage 3 cams, ported heads, and the cobra jet intake. He's in the process of going to a CPR turbo lol

myke hunt

Feugo
Established Member
Your assuming want to go cheap with a paxton... Ive been there done that dont want the same thing again on the new car. If i go boost I'm going big with a whipple s550 it costs $10k completely configured long tubes with full exhaust (american racing) $2500 install and tune another $2500= 15k and we havent even talked about suspension!
You can get a whipple for $6700. Takes 6hrs to install. Make 650rwhp and run 10's stock exhaust cats to tips. Paxton is best bang for the buck and these cars make way better numbers with the new heads and cams.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Last edited:

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Thats badass! The refreshed coyote breathes better then the old one so i wont need to port the heads..just drop the cams in bolt the cobra jet intake on do the headers plus full exhaust throw in an ati balancer and let adam work his magic i figure 480 rwhp on pump + octane booster!

Last edited:

PC03GT

Established Member
He's going to be selling everything. You can talk to Dasaan and see when they're going to take everything off if you're interested.

Users who are viewing this thread