Mystichrome Questions

jjscobra18

Established Member
Just got the windows tinted yesterday 15% on the rear section and front brow 30% on the front section. Have been searching for photos and info on tail light tints and hid coloring for a mystichrome. Would like some pics of this to give me an idea of what i wanna do. See pics of about every color but mystic. Was thinking of more of a blue tint in the hids maybe a 6000k or 8000k. Any suggestions or photos would be appreciated!

Tractionless1

Established Member
There is a local Mystic w/tail light tint and it just doesn't look clean. I have 6k HID's on mine that look perfect, sorry no pics. Just blue when looking at the beam in the housing but white enough to drive with. Remember the human eye doesn't like blue light, it's harder to pick up on potholes etc. Not to mention the farther you get away from 4.3k the darker the light gets.

jjscobra18

Established Member
Yeah I did not think the tail light tint would look that great on Mystic just wanted to see a pic, i believe just the red tail light housing helps lighten up the paint in a way. I was gonna go with 5000k when i was looking at other colors. Never even considered mystichrome and was never really a fan til this one fell in my lap and the rest they say is history. I was planning on the 6000k thanks for the input and i would love to see a pic if you could get one.

Tractionless1

Established Member
Mystic is great but you will feel like everyone is aiming for you on the road. I can't fill my tank at the gas station in less than 45mins, everyone wants to talk about it. When you pass through an intersection watch the heads turn like a tennis match at the direction with the red light.

jjscobra18

Established Member
Mystic is great but you will feel like everyone is aiming for you on the road. I can't fill my tank at the gas station in less than 45mins, everyone wants to talk about it. When you pass through an intersection watch the heads turn like a tennis match at the direction with the red light.

Oh I have found that out real quick. So far in the month i have owned it i have been followed into the park i play softball at by a guy in a sn-95 drop top cammin hard wanting to know if it was real, "Is it real"....."Yeah its real!"....."Man you never see any Mystichromes!"..... "Yeah they are few and far between and rarely driven for the most part"...... at this point I expect him to pull his car out of the road and into a parking space to head up to the fields, no he gets in his car and pulls out of the park and leaves..... I just scratched my head and said wtf is this what im in for lol seeing as this was the first day after picking the car up that i had drove it. Had pictures taken of it by people at a waffle house while i was pulling out of Quik Trip. I have the privilege and curse of living less then 5 mins from Summit Racing, had one of the guys that worked at Summit come up behind me in line and ask if it was mine ( I was easy to spot i guess i had one of my cobra shirts on). And of course countless guys in honda's and everything else under the sun trying to buck on me, I just smile and go on about my business......I lie sometimes i give them a taste of about 15 psi then go on about my business lol! Its pullied and a few other of the basic mods putting down 473 rwhp, its not a monster but its fun to drive. :)

Tractionless1

Established Member
I've found the hoodies in Escalades riddin on 40's enjoy it too. And the employees at the local Ford dealer ask where I got it painted.............:loser:

Oh, and don't let the Mystichrome haters on forums get ya down with Comp. Orange, Satin Silver etc. are more rare. The '04 Cobra is the ONLY Ford painted Mystichrome, SVT Focus etc. are also painted Comp. Orange, Satin Silver etc., once informed they question their rareity real quick!!

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
who cares what HIDs you put in it? you only run them at night when no one can see the color of the car anyway LOL!

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Really no other cars with lights, street lights, lighted parking lots, or gas stations where ya live huh?:??:

give me a frigging break. the color of your HIDS make NO difference to the look of the car at night. regardless of the street lighting. they do not set off the paint, they don't draw attention to the paint in spite of what you may think. worrying about the color of HIDS look with the paint is beyond anal retentive.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
Get used to the attention. That is what Mystichromes are good for. Whether I go to a local park, a local car meet or even a national event the car draws lots of looks, questions and observations. If you like to turn heads its the car for you. If you don't, to bad you're gonna receive it. I love mine never a shortage of conversation at car shows and meets.

jjscobra18

Established Member
White and comp orange were my first choices and my gt was dsg, so this is a bit of a change but i have no problem with the attention. Only thing that always use to turn me off on mystichrome were the questions of did you get it painted, and the stupid looks like your lying when you say its factory. I don't really worry about rarity haters (how many sonic blue convertibles with parchment interior? that counts as rare right lol). It might be anal retentive but its my car so it matters to me i will see them no disrespect just my thoughts and feelings.

Tractionless1

Established Member
give me a frigging break. the color of your HIDS make NO difference to the look of the car at night. regardless of the street lighting. they do not set off the paint, they don't draw attention to the paint in spite of what you may think. worrying about the color of HIDS look with the paint is beyond anal retentive.

Frigging break given, but exactly where did I say 6k HID's draw attention to Mystichrome paint? Stop assuming, it makes you look foolish.

And the color of the HIDs do make a difference to the look of the car at night. It's either white, blue, or purple from the front.

Then call me anal rentative or lets just say, I pay greater attention to detail than most. Not a bad quality to have, it actually helps in many more aspects of life than illumination choice. I know, I live with it and have reaped the benefits, "schooler of noobs." :p

Last edited:

04SVTMystic