Mystichrome Paint for SALE

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrokenCool

LOL @ Retiring
Established Member
I have up for sale is a 3/4 pint full of mystichrome paint made by BASF. This was left over after I had my hood and passenger door repainted by Wayne Akers Ford. The car came out perfect. The paint is rare and expensive.
Im asking 200 obo + shipping.

As a little bonus I will include the touch up paint from Motorcraft for Mystichrome. There is not much left but enough cover up a few small scratches/nicks.

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Let me know if you have any questions:-D

Mystic04SVT

Established Member
good deal considering what the pint costed when we painted the hood on my dads car

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
One thing to remember here - the MystiChrome paint requires a special base coat, activator, and clear coat. I bought a pint of MystiChrome paint a couple of years ago (right before Dupont released it and BASF started producing it) and by yhe time I bought all the additives, I had $600 invested...:eek:

MyStIcHrOmE 04

NEED MORE HP!!!
Established Member
Wait... I was under the impression that this paint was special because it wasn't special. What I mean is, unlike Mystigold, it is a simple base coat clear coat setup. I wasn't aware and activator was needed. What if it is a simple re-spray? I just want my pitted front bumper cover redone.... Subb'n...

BrokenCool

LOL @ Retiring
Established Member
I spoke with the dealership that worked on my car. Unfortunately, the guy who worked on my car no longer works there, FAIL. However, the body shop manager who is "fimiliar" with the paint did inform me that the mystichrome paint is reduced and any left over is provided to the customer if requested. He also said that if the usused paint sits for long periods of time (years) that the mix may not be an exact match.

I used the same pint of paint on two occasion and each time the paint came out perfect.

Last edited:

Tractionless1

Established Member
$150 for a brand new full pint from R-M that is a perfect match to mine. I suggest reading "the truth about mystichrome paint" by Tractionless1

konradr

Ford Mustang
Established Member
good deal considering what the pint costed when we painted the hood on my dads car

Free Bump. This a good deal. When I had to repaint my buddy's bumper, it dun costilated about $500. GLWS

BrokenCool

LOL @ Retiring
Established Member
To do 2 touch ups from Ford, 1 on my hood (two small chips) and 1 on my passenger side door (about 3 inch scratch) it cost me over $1,100.

When I owned my mystichrome, I become so particular with the paint that any imperfection would drive me crazy.

So after about 2 weeks from have the passenger door repainted and looking brand new, some dip$hit through a frozen egg at my passenger door. It scared the $hit out of my gf and honestly it sounded like someone shot off a gun. It hit so hard it cracked the paint. So again I went back to Ford.

By then I knew the body shop manager so he felt bad and hooked me up. I used the same paint that was leftover and it came out perfect.

The icing on the cake is 1 month later I totaled the car:( Lost control driving 555r's in the rain. So this is why the paint is for sale. I would never be selling if I still owned it.

I'm open to offers

andrew69_04

Established Member
thats a good deal. I just fixed the said car this paint was from and paid $900 (dealer cost) for a pint of this paint. the door and hood do look great. perfect match. free bump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread