Mystic SVT Cobra 1/18th scale model

HASFANGS

Established Member
I had several requests to build 1/18th Maisto model in this color, the paint is laquer and very expensive, but one member here REALLY wanted one so we did some horse trading...anyway...looks like the laquer worked and it is a great match, here's a picture of the preparation, yes the seat inserts and steering wheel will be done. I think I will have one coupe and one convertible available, PM if interested.
IMG_3223.gif

Last edited:

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
I bought a convertible model last year and I believe the total cost for mine (including shipping) was around $150. It also has the seat inserts painted and has the Snake logos applied in the proper places. I love it and wouldn't trade it for the world...:beer:

Venimus03

Established Member
If you make another Comp O, pm me! :beer:

Last edited:

mattz03svt

Just a normal poster
Established Member
This guiy makes quality products worth every penny. I was the member who bugged and bugged him to make it. I am glad that he did. Thanks again.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
I made one using that Duplicolor stuff at the parts store. $20 and a weekend. Came out great. Bought one too. Both are on display.

blown86

FLPNOUT
Established Member
I'm an auto painter, and the paint rep gave me a pint of that paint for free I was trying to do the same thing but I couldn't figure out how it came apart I didn't want to break it instead I took out the springs and now it's lowered

HASFANGS

Established Member
I'm an auto painter, and the paint rep gave me a pint of that paint for free I was trying to do the same thing but I couldn't figure out how it came apart I didn't want to break it instead I took out the springs and now it's lowered

You have to be very careful taking them apart, I have broken parts to prove it, rear glass is the worst. Some parts don't fit with the extra layers of paint, like the inside door panels, so I have been drilling those out larger. Good to have some spare or donor cars avaialble!:)

IMG_2465.jpg

blown86

FLPNOUT
Established Member
I took the screws out of the bottom and I still couldn't get it apart I've taken apart GMP models with no problem but with one seems to be harder

1967eleanor

factory spoiler delete yo
Established Member
looks good Kieth

now i just gotta teach you how to do an engine

cobrar081ey9.jpg

engine001zm6.jpg

or maybe a S197 saleen vert?

finnished002kl9.jpg

or maybe a ronaele 05?

picture026djd7.jpg

or maybe a bagged 03 roush with lambo doors?

pic084wr9.jpg

whore session over:rockon:

HASFANGS

Established Member
looks good Keith

You are the best Dave, very impressive, I wish I had half your talent, I've recommended a few to you, don't know if they turned into anything...you know how that goes.

I'm done for awhile, now I can just work more on my own two SB Coupes, finished the Saleen wheels conversion, now on to detailing the undercarriage and yes...the engine bay.:beer:

HASFANGS

Established Member
I took the screws out of the bottom and I still couldn't get it apart I've taken apart GMP models with no problem but with one seems to be harder

Take the exhaust off first, then remove the rear suspension (2) screws, (4) springs, then three screws hold the body to the chassis, as you pull it apart, pull the dash towards the seats, it's sort of locked in. If it's a convertible you have to also detach the boot formt he cockpit. Hope this helps...

Last edited:

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
I bought a convertible model last year and I believe the total cost for mine (including shipping) was around $150. It also has the seat inserts painted and has the Snake logos applied in the proper places. I love it and wouldn't trade it for the world...:beer:

Here's some pictures of mine:

2259169Model1.jpg

2259170Model2.jpg

2259171Model3.jpg

The pictures really don't do justice to the paint job (just like my real Cobra LOL). It's not as green as in the pictures and it changes colors depending on the angle from which you're looking at it...:beer:

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Can you get a 10th Anniversary Cobra in these models? If so, please point me in the right direction because I would be very interested in a TR one.

nighthawk756

Who? Me??
Established Member
Can't wait to get my Redfire coupe from HASFANGS. It's in the mail now...it'll be her just in time for Christmas.

Thanks man!!:beer:

blown86

FLPNOUT
Established Member
Take the exhaust off first, three screws hold the body to the chassis, as you pull it apart, pull the dash towards the seats, it's sort of locked in. If it's a convertible you have to also detach the boot formt he cockpit. Hope this helps...

Thanks for the tip, I'll be taking mine apart tonight I'm painting valve covers for my Cobra might as well paint a model while I have the paint in a gun.

HASFANGS

Established Member
Thanks for the tip, I'll be taking mine apart tonight I'm painting valve covers for my Cobra might as well paint a model while I have the paint in a gun.

I got lots of spare parts, if you break something let me know. I've already passed on some of my extra parts to SVTP members just for the cost of shipping.

Slow06GT

Established Member

$150 for a toy cobra :dw: Did you have to special order the paint or something?

I don't even have a cobra yet.. but I bought a maisto model when the cobras first came out. Its a silver vert, looks just like yours but silver and I only paid 18.99 :shrug:

01SN8K

In Hawaii
Established Member
$150 for a toy cobra :dw: Did you have to special order the paint or something?

I don't even have a cobra yet.. but I bought a maisto model when the cobras first came out. Its a silver vert, looks just like yours but silver and I only paid 18.99 :shrug:

The 150 is money well spent when you consider what your paying for. these guys are buying custom painted and built models that go above and beyond the 18.99 price tag of the plain model. and considering that the mystic cars are an expensive car to duplicate and he even matched the seat inserts just like the real cars.

Users who are viewing this thread