Mystic paint

JohnnyMystic

Established Member
I'm sure this has been asked already... I just recently purchased a mystic and she needs touched up pretty bad. Have heard this paint is hard to locate. Can someone please tell me how I can get ahold of this paint?

96Mystic1189

Established Member
Ok the basics as far as I know so far are.

1. The paint HAS to be made and mixed by BASF (the company)

2. A black base coat must be sprayed down before the mystic for it to match 100% (Just what someone told me here) not sure?

I was able to have a local body shop order me some.

19Mystic96

Established Member
if you want the small touch up containers you can go to ford and show them your registration and they will give you a small touch up container.

I don't about a large amount though

Last edited:

OneSicMystic

TheDarkHorse
Established Member
Local auto paint store. BASF no longer issues the paint. I'm in the same boat as you. I got a quote of $2,800 to repaint the trunk lid, wing and rear bumper. $1,800 of that estimate was for a "factory Pack" quart of paint. Local paint supplier said $450 per quart. Ford dealer said they'll have to mix it but they do not stock it or have the factory packs anymore. Good luck
Also, in the state of Maryland they cannot spray the OEM Mystic LF paint anymore because it's not waterbourne. Some other states may do that as well

Last edited:

96Mystic1189

Established Member
Local auto paint store. BASF no longer issues the paint. I'm in the same boat as you. I got a quote of $2,800 to repaint the trunk lid, wing and rear bumper. $1,800 of that estimate was for a "factory Pack" quart of paint. Local paint supplier said $450 per quart. Ford dealer said they'll have to mix it but they do not stock it or have the factory packs anymore. Good luck
Also, in the state of Maryland they cannot spray the OEM Mystic LF paint anymore because it's not waterbourne. Some other states may do that as well

I was able to get 10 oz of BASF waterbourne paint from a supplier in baltimore through a shop in calvert county. It does not match 100% but id say its only about a shade off, I would have to point it out to notice it.

This was about this time last year.

laddanator

Established Member
Simple! Call Fairystone Imports at (276) 629-5474 and ask for Chris. Tell him Chris Ladd sent you. I buy all my BASF Mystic paint from them. They can make spray cans for you as well. It matches 100 percent.

JohnnyMystic

Established Member
Simple! Call Fairystone Imports at (276) 629-5474 and ask for Chris. Tell him Chris Ladd sent you. I buy all my BASF Mystic paint from them. They can make spray cans for you as well. It matches 100 percent.

Can they ship the paint to Indiana and what's the pricing on this?

redrocket16

Established Member
So if fellow mystic owners had a chance to pick up a stock hood painted mystic in good shape with the nostrils, what would you pay for it? I have an ok shape one but having a backup hood wouldn't be a bad idea already painted to match.

96Mystic1189

Established Member
What are the different lines? I think mine was onxy HD which proably sucks? It did say BASF so thats all I cared about lol. Also can anyone confirm the black basecoat idea?

Users who are viewing this thread