Mystic lighting

1crzhrs

1CRZHRS
Established Member
here's one from last week, i keep forgetting the actual name of the color.

IMG_3220-72copy.jpg

homer302

Banned
The truck you are talking about is owned by Rodney, rodcobra on here. He is the founder of Mustang Week. The truck is not mystic, but actually a color made by BASF. He also has a SN95 Cobra painted the same way.

img_5284_edited-2img.jpg

Not trying to argue, I will only get more infractions. It's worse than being at work having to watch everything you do on here. Anyway, I thought Mystic (I can't believe nobody has said it yet but this color is A LOT closer to Mystichrome, than Mystic.) but back to subject, I thought Mystichrome was made by BASF? So maybe it is Mystichrome is my point.

Mystic has all kinds of dark bronze and baby poo green/brown in it.

Rodcobra

Established Member
It's BASF Extreme line of paint called Ocean ,it came out in 1998 and I painted my cobra with it then and I got my lightning in 2003 . It is very close to Mystichrome,mine has a little more changing of color to it. :banana:

Mystic was made by BASF and you had to have 96 cobra with that color on it to even get the paint at the time .

Last edited:

homer302

Banned
It's BASF Extreme line of paint called Ocean ,it came out in 1998 and I painted my cobra with it then and I got my lightning in 2003 . It is very close to Mystichrome,mine has a little more changing of color to it. :banana:

Mystic was made by BASF and you had to have 96 cobra with that color on it to even get the paint at the time .

We have a winner, I thought it was a lot closer to Mystichrome.

JasonFC

Somethings different
Established Member
Theres a mystic lightning in Saratoga Springs, New York. I used to see the truck all the time at a mini-golf place by the mall.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Odd...thought you had to actually have a Mystic Cobra, VIN checked, painted only by a dealer and a pain in the butt to even get in the first place. Now people are popping up left and rite other wise...:shrug:

Rodcobra

Established Member
Odd...thought you had to actually have a Mystic Cobra, VIN checked, painted only by a dealer and a pain in the butt to even get in the first place. Now people are popping up left and rite other wise...:shrug:

It's still that way ,you have to have a 96 Mystic to get the ""Mystic"" paint ,but alot of people see a color changing paint and call it Mystic when it's not . Mine gets called that all the time and it's not the ""Mystic"" on the 96 cobra's . Ask a paint rep or try to get the ""Mystic"" and see what happens .;-)

chucknorris289

Established Member
The color is BASF extreme rainbow if I'm not mistake...I had a 95 cobra that was the same color... looks better than the early mystic cobra IMO

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
When he had that thread up, I think he mixed up where he wanted the text to go with the pic's. It said something like 'my truck won Best Lightning', and he had a pic of that truck under it hahaha.

I was just commenting on the day overall. I didn't realize that I posted the Lightning as the first picture. My truck is the silver one on down in the thread.

Users who are viewing this thread