Mystic is under the knife for mods.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Put her up on stands today. Next time she comes down she'll have nitrous w/heat/purge/window switch, 60lb inj, KB BAP, painted calipers, O/R X, IRS bushings(finally), Pfab tank, LFP radiator, Steeda IRS plates, KB SFCs, MM CC plates, and alot of little personal touches like Cobra Bobs tranny gasket kit, blue dash/console lighting, paint the eyes red on all the Cobra emblems etc, etc.
Maybe a stage IV update from Steggy. Just depends.

whippleblown03

Established Member
mines still on the hoist trying to finish up the headers! oh well looks like it might be raining for a while! still no whipple! i might send my stage II out for an upgrade so i can sell it!

Oxford Snake

Established Member
That's a lot of mods, might as well do it now while it's raining so damn much. I've got the blower and injectors in. The Metco 4# lower won't ship until Monday 16th. Still have a few more parts to purchase.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
I've had most of these parts for a while now. Just no time to install. Couldnt tear apart the car since it was used everyday. Now I'm working nights so its harder still. With the second car I should be able to knock it all out just fine. I just know I'm going to be picky and before I know it a month will have gone by.

Christian

Ready To Run
Established Member
Geezz... I'm tired just reading this... let me know if you need some help or someone to just watch...LOL!

Dave,

I'm still waiting for a callback - I need some things for myself also:thumbsup:

Christian

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
There's allot more like routine maintenance stuff but also some little personal touches. Really want some sort of custom bracket for my bottle.

Joe5.0

Established Member
Man Mystic Sounds Awsome! You Truley Have not only one of the Baddest Cobras Around, but the Sickest Mystic Period. That off Road X is gonna be WAY Lous, and that Shot of Nitrous is gonna Be damn good. What Exactly is the Window Switch? And also what does Steigmier do Different on the Stage IV's?

O and on a side not, Anyone got the new 5.0 Mustang Mag.....There are some SICK 03/04's With Turbo kits running big Numbers, and some Low Times. :)

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Turns on/off the nitrous at specific rpm. Allows me to keep my hands on the wheel! Not sure if the off roads will stay on. I know its going to be loud. Just want to hear it. I may end up cutting the rear 2 cats off my stocker and going that route. I hate knowing theres all this power hidden in the exhaust but I dont want it to be so damn loud. The spray is going to really put me over the top. I've seen the numbers from others with the same mods and thier just sick! It should hold me til the Whipples have been out a while and I can afford one. So far the stg4 has been pretty promising allowing cars to get over 500whp without a lower. I've got a lower so I'm hoping to see the numbers grow even more so with it. I'm going to wait and see. I'm sure 600+hp and 700+tq will hold me till then! Thanks for the comps! :beer:

Joe5.0

Established Member
Wow thats Sweet. You My freind will need some MT's or Hoosiers Soon. Amd i wanna see this thing at PIR This Year :)

05 windveil blu

yes ignorance is bliss
Established Member
Greg you might be doin the roll bar mod soon :beer:
cant wait to see what numbers you and dave will put up come the next time u do a pull.
Greg
p.s. Dave and Greg,
y'all need to get on shawn's case to get some more mods on his cobra to keep up with you guys. tell him to get like a port or sumthin!!!!dang!

whitelx

Established Member
Geez thats gonna kick ass Greg. All you guys are making me want a 03/04 Cobra. We'll see, I wanted another low mile Fox but I may go this route instead. Yeah we definitely need to get a meet at the track when it opens.
-whitelx

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
I need traction now! Michelin Pilots arent so great for traction even in 315 at my power level. I can rollon at 60-70 in 3rd and lose traction. 2nd is a joke. I'm hoping someone will make the Saleens in 17x101/2. I've seen them in 17x9 already. I want to run the new Hoosier DOTs on a 17" Saleen replica to be a little sneaky.

whippleblown03

Established Member
traction is everthing! 18" nittos i have are on 9.5" rims. i have cut 1.70 60' times with them. the will hook in third at the track! and 2nd a little! got to go a little easy in 2nd! 305/35/18 nitto drags are great steet tires and work well for me at the strip! not much difference from my 295/35/18 bfg drags! the nittos are lasting alot longer at least!

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Cant imagine actually being able to plant all this and future power. I'd actually worry about breaking something then!

whippleblown03

Established Member
i think new halfshafts might be in my future! plus i want some comp cams after talking with james tonight at RWTD tonight! cams probably wont happen! my wife finds out how much i have spent i am going to have to pamper the shit out of her!
if you hook that thing with nos its in the 10's. i would like to do a 10 without nos. but its would be tough with 18" tires i think!

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
bultaco370 said:
i think new halfshafts might be in my future! plus i want some comp cams after talking with james tonight at RWTD tonight! cams probably wont happen! my wife finds out how much i have spent i am going to have to pamper the shit out of her!
if you hook that thing with nos its in the 10's. i would like to do a 10 without nos. but its would be tough with 18" tires i think!
I read that same post. Sounds like those are going to be the new shit! Even has James changing over! Wish I could but a little out of my range. I cant see me spending $2,000+ for cams after install.

Users who are viewing this thread