mystery power

lightningPower

so i found out i have low compression in one of my cylenders when i was getting it dynoed, thinking its a ring maybe, how much hp do yall think my 99 lightning should be putting on the ground? after the dyno i had 360hp, 455 torque...
upgrades include-
-#4 lower pully(12psi total)
-pacesetter long tube headers
-3in custom mid pip, hi flow cats and flowmasters
-full performance cold air intake
-90mill maf
-custom dyno tune

i know yall cant be for sure, but what have yall seen other trucks with similure upgrades get?

Last edited:

Jroc

Established Member
so i found out i have low compression in one of my cylenders when i was getting it dynoed, thinking its a ring maybe, how much hp do yall think my 99 lightning should be putting on the ground? after the dyno i had 360hp, 455 torque...
upgrades include-
-#4 lower pully(12psi total)
-pacesetter long tube headers
-3in custom mid pip, hi flow cats and flowmasters
-full performance cold air intake
-90mill maf
-custom dyno tune

i know yall cant be for sure, but what have yall seen other trucks with similure upgrades get?

I would think you should make more power than that. I would have done a good port while you were at it.

What kind of dyno were you on?

lightningPower

i did all of that before i did everything to it, and im now in the works of setting everything up to get the engine rebuilt, borring it .30 over, but i had it dynoed at Piedmont Customs, in nc.. they specialize in fords and mustangs, they are going to be doing the rebuild
:bowdown:

George C

Established Member
my truck stock boost with full exhaust, CAI and my tuning netted

377rwhp/446rwtq SAE

use that as comparison

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
hard to say with different dyno's, different day, temps and so on. But i do think your numbers are on the low side but not by much.

Users who are viewing this thread