My Wot Box Doesn't Work

lawdude

Established Member
No-lift-shift was not working so I enabled the two-step, which seemed to work - at least until I tried to activate it at the staging lights. After the pass I checked the settings (clicked "Read"). Settings were ok.

I'll obviously check the connections but was wondering if anyone had a problem like this with their Wot Box.

GTOGreg

Crazy Sum-B
Established Member
LD, how do you know it wasn't working? Was it grinding and RPM bouncing?

Maybe trying resaving it with a different value? It worked for you before, right? Did you solder all connections?

lawdude

Established Member
Grinding? Yes - denied 2nd gear every time. Did resave with different values. Connections were not soldered.

GTOGreg

Crazy Sum-B
Established Member
Could be the module, but I don't think there is a test for it (other than through the GUI). Could also be the clutch switch but not likely. With unsoldered connections I believe that would be the first place I would start. You have a '10, right?

From N2MB, here are tests to run for most likely culprits...

1.) Key on the car but do not start the engine. Press the gas pedal to the floor. You should see the LED on the WOT Box start to rapidly blink. If it does not, check your APP sensor signal connection (WOT Box BLUE wire).

2. Next, with the gas pedal still depressed, press the clutch pedal to the floor. You should see the LED on the WOT Box briefly go out, and then come back on solid for one second and then finally resume blinking rapidly. If you do not see this, check your Clutch Pedal Position Switch signal connection (WOT Box GREEN wire).

I'll assume that if you are seeing any lights at all and your 2-step is working, that you have good power and ground. Never hurts to check both of these either though. I would advise soldering as well to prevent any future troubles. It is a little bit of a PITA in tight confines, but well worth the effort and provides peace of mind. Good luck lawdude, let us know how it checks out?

Last edited:

lawdude

Established Member
Will do. Thanks for the info.

<added> Just performed the check. LED starts to blink rapidly as soon as the key is turned to the on position. Pressing the gas pedal has no effect. When I push in the clutch the blinking stops, solid for about a second, then blinking rapidly. I'll get the connection to the blue wire checked. Thanks again </added>

Last edited:

lawdude

Established Member
I think I found the problem. I had the TPS Threshold set to 2. For some reason I decided to set it to 1.5. I just reset to factory setting of 3. Lights now flash as they are supposed to when I troubleshoot. I'll take it out later and try to find a lonesome stretch of road to verify.

Users who are viewing this thread