My wifes needs your help...

Red94SVT

Established Member
She going back to School for her BSN in nursing and has to take Statistics, so she needs to survey 100 people (online, in person either way) about cars and how long you keep them...

here are the questions:

1. Your age

2. How long do you plan to keep the car/truck?

3. What Mileage do you expect to be on the car/truck when you trade it in/sell it

4.(not required, but if you want to comment) Why have/would you trade in the car? (Maintenance costs, age of vehicle, want something new, etc...)

*sorry this is not a "vote for my GF bikini contest" or "help my wife win a modeling contract" but i might make a contribution to the wives/gf's thread if i get a good response out of this :)

any help would be greatly appreciated... Thanks

edit: she created a Survey to make it a little easier if you want to do it that way

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/F5WQDNB

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
1) 26
2) At least 2-3yrs more if its still daily driven. Longer if weekend/project car.
3) 130k now, maybe 180k if still daily driven.
4) Would trade in/sell when cost/time to repair annoyances (rattles/squeaks/etc) become longer than a 2 day weekends work of effort. You can only take so much of driving a shitty car before it gets old. Though id rather delegate it to weekend/project car status and pick up something better for DD use, than to sell it/trade it in and take a hit.

yellowbra

Established Member
1. Your age

Till I need a new one

3. What Mileage do you expect to be on the car/truck when you trade it in/sell it

No idea. 250k??

4.(not required, but if you want to comment) Why have/would you trade in the car? (Maintenance costs, age of vehicle, want something new, etc...)

To get something new.

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
1. 21

2. As long as possible (+5 yrs.)

3. 150k+

4. I don't think I would sell/trade for a newer car, but either retire it from DD status when it begins to have more issues.

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
1. Your age

my 03-cobra f0evar ! / now my 95 exploder 4x4 v6 ( probally untill march or april 2011 when the crew cab raptors come out

No sure 150-170 K ??

like is said the cobra will be mine allways / exploder will have to go so i can have a d.d. that will pull my car to the track

99navert

Established Member
1. 24
2. Until it dies
3. 250k ?
4. I wouldn't sell my Focus, I'd just add to the stable as my income allows. It's always nice to have a beater car around for the winter & DD duties.

tdschst

Established Member
1. Your age

2 more years

Under 130-140ish

want something with a bed. Plan on buying a pick-up. Hopefully soon enough tho I'll be getting a fox rolling chassis.

Niks97cobra

Ready to Go!
Established Member
1. Your age

At least 4-5 years.

200k+

I wouldn't trade it in. I might sell it if I get a much better job and want something newer... but even then, I think I'd keep it as a beater.

Users who are viewing this thread