My Wheel Ordeal Has Finally Ended – I’m happy with the outcome (Pic Intensive)

D. Lee

Established Member
My Wheel Ordeal Has Finally Ended – I’m happy with the outcome

My original wheel order was placed with Paul Howey of Howey Industries. When first speaking with him, I was interested in purchasing a set of ADV10 MV1 SL, Rennen Forged R55, or Vorsteiner VS-310. Paul did not recommend that I purchase either the ADV1’s or Rennen’s and indicated that Vorsteiner stopped making their forged wheels (they currently only make flow formed cast wheels). He recommended that I either purchase a set of Forgeline or Morr wheels.

After looking through Forgeline’s and Morr’s wheel selection, I decided on a set of Morr VS11 and placed my order on March 19[SUP]th[/SUP]. At that time, I placed a down-payment of ½ the cost of the wheels and was told the total process would take about 4-6 weeks. On May 12[SUP]th[/SUP] (week 8), I emailed Paul asking the status of my order. On May 26[SUP]th[/SUP] (week 10), Morr finally responded to Paul stating that the wheels were in finishing and would be ready that week for shipment. After some more back and forth, I received an email from Paul on June 12[SUP]th[/SUP] (week 12), indicating that Morr had made the front wheels with the incorrect concavity, and that they would have to remake them. At that time, Paul offered me three options:

1. a full refund,
  2. any other set of wheels that he sells at his dealer cost,
  3. or, to keep the order with Morr

After considering a set of HRE’s and Forgeline’s, I decide to keep my order with Morr, assuming they would put a rush on the front wheels. On June 23[SUP]rd[/SUP] (week 14), Morr told Paul that they were waiting on the forgings which were due to arrive the following week. Once received, they said the wheels would be rushed through production and finishing. On July 7[SUP]th[/SUP] (week 16), Paul emailed me stating that Morr received the forgings on July 1[SUP]st[/SUP] and have put a rush on my order. On July 17[SUP]th[/SUP] (week 17), after reading a thread on a BMW forum about Morr’s phone line being disconnected and them not responding to anyone’s emails, I called Paul and requested a refund. On August 12[SUP]th[/SUP], I received a full refund from Paul (the reason it took so long for the refund was due to the time that had passed since my original order, which caused a problem when he initially tried to credit my account). I have since read a posting from Paul (on the same BMW forum mentioned above) that Morr failed to fulfill a number of his orders and that he is in the process of disputing funds with them.

Paul was very good to work with and should the opportunity present itself, I would definitely order from him again. Conversely, I would not order anything from Morr again (if they are even still in business).

After the deal fell through with Paul, I decided to order the ADV10 MV1 SL wheels that I originally wanted. On July 21[SUP]st[/SUP], I ordered the wheels from Gerry at Custom Wheels 4 Less and was told that due to the time of year, it would take about 8-10 weeks to produce. When placing my order, I sent an email stating that I found two different styles of the ADV10 MV1 SL wheel online. In the email, I included photos of the style of ADV10 that I wanted and photos of the style that I was not interested in. After 5 weeks, I received a text stating the wheels were done and ready for shipment. After looking at the photos of the wheels, I discovered it was the wheels that I requested not be made. After a several correspondence back and forth, ADV1 assured me they were the correct wheels, but there were differences due to vehicle applications. Still disagreeing, I accepted the wheels anyway. Even though they are not the exact wheel I requested (although very similar), I still thought they looked great and didn’t want to deal with the uphill battle and time of having them remade. In the end, I’m very happy with them.

Like Paul, Gerry was also very good to work with. Both Gerry and Paul were very quick with responding to my emails and phone calls and acted in a professional manner. Based on my experience with Custom Wheels 4 less and ADV1, I would do business with them again.

Please note, I’m well aware of the issues with the owner of ADV1, Jordan, and the problems he had when he was the owner of 360 Forged. I can only speak for myself and say that I was very happy with the production time and the quality of the wheel.

I also ordered a set of MPSS through Preston at the Tire Rack and the TPMS through Steve at Tasca. Both Preston and Steve were awesome to work with. To add to my wheel issue, the TPMS sensors were originally delivered to the wrong address (due to an issue by the USPS, not Steve). I had to make several calls to the postal carrier who was finally able to locate them.

I would also like to thank Kurt (aka Bad Company) with the information he was able to provide through PM's on his ADV1 wheels.

Below are the stats on my wheels and tires:

Wheels

ADV10 M.V1 SL
Front: 20”x10” +41 Offset
Rear: 20”x11” +56 Offset
Brushed Gunmetal Finish with Gloss Clear coat

Tires

Michelin Pilot Super Sport
Front: 275/35 ZR20
Rear: 295/35 ZR20 – K1 Ferrari 105Y (I have not experienced any wobble issues)

Unfortunately, I did not get the weight of the wheels.

FYI....I basically have the BMR package that Van offers (adjustable UCA and LCA, relocation brackets, UCA mount, adjustable Panhard, Support Brace, and Eibach Pro-Kit)

Now on to the photos…….I apologize for the size of the photos…..I spent a large amount of time compressing them, but guess I still didn’t compress them enough.

Style of ADV10 M.V1 SL Wheels that I requested be Made:
adv.1_10.1sl_1.jpg

Style of ADV10 M.V1 SL Wheel that I requested not be made (you can see the difference between the two in the spoke design):
adv-1-adv10-mv-1-sl-9.gif

Photos of wheels installed on my car
20150925_163429_zpsny7jcqpx.jpg

20150925_163420_zpswchdtarp.jpg

20150925_163216_zpsaimi3dwy.jpg

20150925_164325_zpswdms5ggd.jpg

20150925_164245_zpsckhc6fxu.jpg

20150925_164144_zpsczcuypkf.jpg

My wife, son, and I visited a "Parade of Homes" this weekend. Below are some photos of the car in the parking lot:
20150926_131156_zpsz4maav2t.jpg

20150926_131153_zpsjzeax3yf.jpg

20150926_131145_zpslaqoaki6.jpg

20150926_131139_zps4mehrskn.jpg

20150926_131126_zpsgxglqlc3.jpg

20150926_130913_zpsnmk6xxtq.jpg

20150926_130847_zps5ioedcfr.jpg

I intentionally parked away from everyone, but when I returned, a State Trooper still managed to park next to me.
20150926_144613_zpsdmhdxpdd.jpg

20150926_144621_zpsm25urtng.jpg

20150926_144606_zpssvzzwu4u.jpg

Last edited:

D. Lee

Established Member
I'm not sure what's going on with the pics of my car. They showed up when I previewed the thread. I'm hosting the pics through google plus. I'll try to fix it later tonight when I have time. Sorry.

Edit: I re-uploaded the photos using Photo Bucket. When I'm on my PC, I can see all of the photos in the thread; however, when I'm on my iPad, it only shows one of the photos that I uploaded (not including the first two photos I uploaded from random websites). If there still appears to be a problem with my photos, please let me know, and I'll try again. Thanks.

Last edited:

Snoopy49

Established Member
The only person who can view the pictures is you. No one else has access to your secure account.

The pictures have to have a jpg, jpeg, png or gif extension in order to use the insert image option.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Those wheels are absolutely gorgeous.

Looks like the Trooper wanted to make a statement as much as he may have liked your car.

Bad Company

Established Member
D.Lee

The wheels look great. I didn't quite understand what you were trying to tell me in PMs about the two wheels differences. Now that I see the pictures I understand. These wheel actually should be lighter in weight then what you originally wanted. I also believe they will be lighter then my wheel tire combo looking at these photos. Mine averaged roughly 2 lbs per corner weight savings over the stock combo, if I remember correctly.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Sweet wheels, they fit the car very well. Wheels are a long road man, it's way satisfying when you get them on the car and they look that good. Are you on Ford lowering springs?

D. Lee

Established Member
Are you on Ford lowering springs?

Thanks for all of the compliments.

Springs are Eibach Pro-Kit. I also have a BMR adjustable UCA, UCA mount, adjustable LCAs, relocation brackets, adjustable panhard, and panhard support bracket.

paluka21

Established Member
The wheels look really good on that color car. I also think the lowered stance helps finish off the look.

Users who are viewing this thread