**My Website is FINALLY up... What ya think??**

Bl4ckedoutc0bra

Established Member
Hello board members! :)

About a week ago I finished my new website design and figured I would run it by you all to get your opinions. I hope you like it.

www.TheBrainchildGroup.com

Thanks in advance for the replies. If you have nothing positive to say please refrain from posting, though I do welcome constructive criticism.

-Aaron

roadracer247

Established Member
The site looks good. Easy to navigate and looks professional. BTW, even though there's a button to turn the sound off...which was one of the first things I did...you might wanna consider turning the background sound/music on the website down a bit...if that's even possible...I've just found that in general, people do not enjoy loud noises when they enter a website.

Bl4ckedoutc0bra

Established Member
roadracer247 said:
The site looks good. Easy to navigate and looks professional. BTW, even though there's a button to turn the sound off...which was one of the first things I did...you might wanna consider turning the background sound/music on the website down a bit...if that's even possible...I've just found that in general, people do not enjoy loud noises when they enter a website.

Thank you sincerely for the reply! I will look into that asap and I agree. :)

-Aaron

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Nice page. Need a spare consultant trained in economics?

Bl4ckedoutc0bra

Established Member
SNCBOOM said:
Nice page. Need a spare consultant trained in economics?

Unfortunately not right now but quite possibly in the future. If you want you can email or PM me with your resume/qualifications. :)

Thanks for the post bro, I really appreciate it.

-Aaron
Info(@)TheBrainchildGroup.com

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Bl4ckedoutc0bra said:
Unfortunately not right now but quite possibly in the future. If you want you can email or PM me with your resume/qualifications. :)

Thanks for the post bro, I really appreciate it.

-Aaron
Info(@)TheBrainchildGroup.com

No problem. I actually have about a year left until I get my BBA. Good luck with your ventures :thumbsup:

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Very nice.

And there's a pic of a Cobra on there which makes it even better.

+1 on turning down the music though. Most people browsing from their workplace don't want their neighbors to hear loud music.

SaleenSpeed

Stock Block Rockin
Established Member
It's not bad, very sleek. My criticisms would be a lack of work in the portfolio section and I don't really like the button animations at the bottom. That last one's a bit nitpicky I suppose, but I am a Flash developer myself.

On that note, if you're looking for any talent in the LA area, check out my site: http://www.ryanenos.com.

Otherwise, props on a professional looking layout.

KingCobra03SVT

10th Anniversary Edition
Established Member
Very well put together site. It seems like alot of sites dont have much creativity to them nowadays it just plops up on your screen lol. Very nice.

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
2 main things:

First, you need to add more meta tags, if you wish your site to start ranking on search engines. I am sure you are already aware of this, being in marketing and all, but thought I'd mention it anyway. This is one of the disadvantages of Flash sites, as the text cannot be navigated by search spiders, and you lose your own site's text becoming its own search keys.

You should check out Microsoft's Silverlight: http://silverlight.net/
• Allows text searching of your site, as it uses XAML as its source.
• Believe it or not (especially for MS), less of a resource hog than Flash.

I'm just learning this new tech myself. I'm a .NET web developer, btw.

Second, you should create a contact form. Disregard this if you are already in the process of creating one. The mailto: link is good and all, but not everyone uses a local email client, and your site being Flash, you can't copy your email address. So someone using an online client will have to type in your address. Seems minor, but trust me, it goes a long way.

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
Nice layout.. but the brainchild logo is repetitive and annoying when you click from one tab to another.. The flashyness is great when you dont have content to fill the screen. Also, Id say make it simpler, take out the background sounds, and take out the flashing backgrounds....

Bl4ckedoutc0bra

Established Member
Thanks for the posts everyone.. I appreciate it.

Regarding meta tags and SEO, that's not a market I want to hit. Most business comes from word of mouth and I've found that many people looking around on search engines are relatively cheap when it comes to graphic design and such. :)

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
Bl4ckedoutc0bra said:
Regarding meta tags and SEO, that's not a market I want to hit. Most business comes from word of mouth and I've found that many people looking around on search engines are relatively cheap when it comes to graphic design and such. :)

Well, not sure how much experience you have with conducting SEO for clients, but I am sure you will face it at one point or another, if you are to offer total packages. Many semi-savvy clients will look at what you have done to optimize your site first, before considering you to do it with their site. They will use what you've done to your site to gauge what you can do for theirs. Basically, if they think you don't care about your own site (not implying anything - giving you a worst case scenario) in this manner, why care that much about theirs?

I say "semi-savvy" because they will know enough to look at your source code, but not enough to realize that what's in the contract is what's in the contract. Thing is, the biggest spenders usually fall in this area, so they don't care if they give you a hassle or not.

I used to do contract-work for them. ⇒ http://missionecommerce.com/

Users who are viewing this thread