My used S/C kit installed(by me)! Pics / dyno graph.

SOHCtimes2

Established Member
Pics of my used blower that my dad and I installed last thursday and friday. Had it towed over Saturday morning to get tuned by Greg @ Racer's Edge Tuning here in SoCal...awesome guy btw, if anyone needs tuning in SoCal I highly recommend him!

I picked up this kit used on ebay (that's why its so ugly) for only 1600, from there I had to buy a svt focus pump and pay for chip/tune. The total costs came out to $2300, not too bad, eh? :)

Car was tuned @ 8psi and the AF peaks at 11.71:1 (nice and safe!). Car is mostly stock other than the blower, x-pipe, catback, and flywheel. Uncorrected numbers were 369/360, SAE corrected is 359/355.

Let me know what you all think! Also...any suggestions/recommendations on good way of cleaning the engine bay without ruining my electrical stuff? Its filthy under there! :(

MyDyno2.gif

2250063_46_full.jpg

2250063_47_full.jpg

2250063_48_full.jpg

2250063_49_full.jpg

2250063_50_full.jpg

2250063_51_full.jpg

SOHCtimes2

Established Member
Lol, my dad got those hoses for free from work! Free = the ultimate budget build item! But yeah, I will get some black hoses eventually. lol

realaxed83

Established Member
it feels nice doing your own stuff huh? I did the whipple swap on mine with the help of a friend....makes you appreciate it a little more.

SOHCtimes2

Established Member
Definately glad I did it myself! Not to mention I saved myself 500-1000 on the install, lol. So many people ask me who installed it for you? And I get to grin and say I did! :)

Pitrack

Boost it
Established Member
SOHCtimes2 said:
Definately glad I did it myself! Not to mention I saved myself 500-1000 on the install, lol. So many people ask me who installed it for you? And I get to grin and say I did! :)

:rockon: Nice car mayne

SOHCtimes2

Established Member
Thanks, its a budget work in progress. Picked up the car for $7900, S/C'd it for $2300 all said and done, next is intercooler and powerpipe, want to try to get about 400rwhp out of it and then just leave it alone until I can afford to drop in a shortblock and go for around 500rwhp. I'll stop there...it is afterall my daily driver. I've still got stock gears...that needs to change soon, lol.

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,T56,solid
Established Member
How much boost you runnin? Your car is like my old cars clone. Except the only thing stock on my car was the heads and cams. And I had the Novi 2000 with a front mount. On a roller dyno you should see 400rwhp with the front mount and 10psi. I saw 390 at 12 psi on a mustang dyno with a low compression forged bottom end. My car looked identical too. I had 03' cobra chrome rims then I got the bullits then I totaled it just recently. :-( Your car looks alot cleaner than mine ever did under the hood too.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f193/BOOSTED2V/mycarwreck.jpg

You really need to move that wing back tho. Its a great visual mod thats free. Here's the link: http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/fcar/wingmod1.htm

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread